Help with loading an ensemble in Native Instruments Reaktor 6 v6.4.0

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by belinea2010, Sep 20, 2020.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Hi gang

I need a little help with Reaktor as I have never used it before and I am having issues loading an theremin ensemble from Musicrow Crow Golden Ensembles 3 for Reaktor 5.
    I need a decent Theremin and all of the free VST ones are terrible so..

When I add Reaktor as a instrument in Cubase 10.5 I get the welcome screen so I click on Play with Reaktor Instruments
    and it loads a Crow Mood Filter even though I have not selected an instrument. I then navigate to the Crow Theremin folder using the file navigator tab and double click on the .ens file but then nothing happens and I can not get any sound out of Reaktor.

What am I doing wrong?

This is what I am using...
    Native Instruments Reaktor 6 v6.4.0 WiN (not the R2R release).
    Native Instruments Reaktor Factory Library v1.1.0.3 HYBRID-R2R
    Native Instruments Reaktor Blocks v1.3.0.5 HYBRID-R2R
    Musicrow Crow Golden Ensembles 3 for NI Reaktor 5

Also if anyone knows of a better source for a *Good* theremin, be it as a patch in a softsynth or a standalone, I'd be pleased for any suggestions in case the one in Golden Ensembles is pants.

3. mcclaine

mcclaine Ultrasonic

EDIT: sorry, no problem!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  4. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Actually **mate** I do mind, it is incredibly rude to hi-jack someone else thread and shows no regard for forum etiquette which requires you to start your own thread if you have a question to ask.

So yes, delete your post and open your own thread!

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I disabled that pop-up screen at startup but I remember if you choose Play with Reaktor Instruments, it can randomly load an instrument or effect. Start clean and Ctrl+N, or go to File and Create a New Ensemble. After that, if you're still not getting sound, click EDIT and make sure the outputs are connected in Panel View. Also make sure you've got whatever MIDI keyboard/device you're using is configured properly in Audio/MIDI Settings.
    FYI - You should be able to use your computer keyboard to play the instrument and get sound too

@mcclaine You need to install Reaktor Blocks. You could install Blocks Base because it's free but it is incredibly limited and only includes Bento Box and Util devices.
    The full Reaktor Blocks comes with all kinds of other cool stuff that you'll probably need eventually, especially if you're downloading from the Reaktor User Library.

@belinea2010
    In Panel view, if you drag an .ens to the darker, top half, it will load that ensemble alone, removing anything else that may have been loaded and auto-connect to the outputs. If you drag it into the lighter grey lower half, it will just add the ensemble, keeping whatever else you've loaded without connecting the outputs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020