Help with Kontakt on M1 with Big Sur

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Cosmos2019, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Cosmos2019

Cosmos2019 Noisemaker

I've been reading a lot about how to correctly install Kontakt on a M1 machine and I still have some doubts. As I can understand, version 5.6.6 must be installed first (not 5.6? It must be 5.6.6?) And then 6.5.3 to be able to use the libraries without problem. Any version of 6.5.3? There is more than one cr'ed version...
    And if not, you must install only version 6.5.3 PROPER and then install a script that allows authorizing the libraries. Is this correct? Has anyone done it and everything works correctly on a M1 machine with Big Sur? Thank you

3. BigM

BigM Guest

You can use kitty's script to add libraries no need of 5.6.

if you install library using an installer no need to add it manually.but if you have previously extracted libraries above method will work.

4. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

that is awesome... but theres no directions or anything... seems it only loads cracked libraries and not legit ones... like free ones from plugin botique dont have that ncit file or whatever like the cracked ones do

5. SpatialAnomoly

SpatialAnomoly Member

sadly i dont know about adding free libs without ncint file to the lbrary browser. but have you tried adding those libs to the quickload? just right click on empty space above the keyboard in kontakt. just add the instrument file to quickload by drag and drop i think.

also i thought those free libs cant even be added to legit kontakt library browser, but may be incorrect.

6. madbuzzin

ah ok, didnt know that, I'll have to try.. Kontakt isnt my favorite tho, all the fucking libraries are so huge i need a 5 tb harddrive to just have some of the basic quality ones.... like who the fuck is gonna use 30gb of sounds? its a ridiculous amount of space for sounds I can make in a free synth or something with some processing plugins

my kontakt library folder on my mac is 150gb and I still havent even filled up the side panel to where I can scroll thru them lol its ridiculous. 6 libraries totaling 27gb on top of the 33gb factory library... shit i'll never actually use anyway... its truly retarded

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. jackzwarts

jackzwarts Newbie

1) Install Kontakt 6.4.2.
    - Run Kontakt_Installer
    2) Install Kontakt 6.6.1 Moria.
    3) Get Kontakt 5.6.0 copy (no need to install) Kontakt 5 into the Programs folder => Native Instruments => Kontakt

Working m1 Monterey

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

yup. But often, you will see the price difference from 4tb to 5tb where the 5 actually costs more per TB. Figure about $150 or so for a good one. I use Lacie Rugged Externals and they are a little bit more expensive, but they are great. Less complaining, more online electronics shopping. :bow:

9. BigM

BigM Guest

We can't add them as libraries even in legit version. What we can do is add it as a quick load instead.

Download the release there will be a note with instructions.

10. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

Yep

Attached Files:

11. Cosmos2019

Cosmos2019 Noisemaker

Thanks everybody...So I see I can effectively install 6.5.3 version and add libraries with the kitty's script. No need to install a 5 version.
    I particularly had bad experiences with the Lacie rugged external drives. I bought 2 and after a short time (no longer guaranteed) they both stopped working with no way to repair them. But I have used Lacie desktop external drives for many years and never had a problem

12. madbuzzin

I recently bought one of those ssd extreme externals.... and its worth the extra bucks for how awesome it is

13. Arjan

Arjan Noisemaker

Samsung SSD is the best, cost me a fortune cos I just bought a 4th one of 2TB :(

14. UtaPez

UtaPez Newbie

Everyone keeps mentioning Kitty's script to add libraries which is exactly what I'm failing at. Could some kind soul DM so I can acquire the script. Thanks in advance!

15. UtaPez

UtaPez Newbie

Could you share the script, DM me where to download from? Apologies for being late to this post. Thanks!

16. BigM

BigM Guest

PM'd

17. UtaPez

UtaPez Newbie

Do you have to have a crack'd Kontakt player to use "add libraries script" I ask cause trying to use quick load method I get the error message "you need to add libraries first" which via the script I thought I had...?

18. BigM

BigM Guest

select your .nicnt with add library script.
    kontakt player is a freeware some libraries are not supported. try full kontakt.

19. UtaPez

UtaPez Newbie

I finally figured out the problem I was having. The version of "Exhale 1.0" I was trying to use on my M1 Mac was only showing up in DEMO mode (I was using a K'd Kontakt 6.6.1). I used Kitty script to install, but still no joy. It worked flawlessly on my intel MacBook but not M1. When I found a newer version (v1.1) it installed without issue on my M1 Mac-Mini. Thanks again for your help , now back to making music!

20. isolator

isolator Newbie

hi UTaPez
    my intell Mac book got stolen , and I have like you a Mac mini m1 Big Sur 11.6. I'm almost at the point, like my old Mac was running. my mother tongue is not English , and I'm new on the forum. I can import most libraries in Kontakt 6.6.1 with the easy to find tricks. can you explain me, or give me a hint for the script that solved your problem?
    I did not find any download or instructions for ...??? v1.1
    thank you

21. UtaPez

UtaPez Newbie

Two separate things. One is a script to add libraries to Kontakt, called ‘kitty’s script’ and the 2nd is the library for ‘Exhale v1.1’ works on M1 Mac, library ‘Exhale v1.0’ does not, only works on Intel Mac. Search the forum for kitty’s script and Exhale v1.1 is out there in torrent land.