Help with Kontakt drum libraries mapping

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by mrpsanter, Mar 21, 2017.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Hi guys,

I have some Superior Drummer MIDI grooves that play perfectly well when dropped inside a Studio One track.

The problem is that if I want to try the very same groove with a Kontakt library instead of Superior Drummer such as Getgood Drums, Drumforge or Abbey Road 70s Drummer to name just three, the mapping isn't correct.

I mean that I will not hear the right instrument (snare, kick... etc) while playing the groove.
    Some of them (Abbey Road 70s drummer if I'm not mistaken) are supposedly having an option to match the mapping of different program such as Superior Drummer. The problem is that it doesn't work and I'm still hearing some crap while playing the Superior Drummer groove into one of these Kontakt library.

Is there a simple way to map the groove correctly in the Kontakt library or am I supposed to map every instrument by hand one by one (PITA of course)?

Thanks!

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Yes. I have been using Toontrack EZplayer Pro.
    It's been developed to do exactly that and much more - independent from Toontrack products.

Of course you could also create note remapping presets with Bome Midi Translator Pro, or if you insist on a free solution, use MidiNoteMap or, if you're on a Mac, MidiPipe.
    You would have to create one preset for each note mapping, but only once :wink:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  4. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah one good way be try EZPlayer pro but for say 70's drums just change mapping in options etc EZ player is pretty good in general.
    Superior uses GM extended as basic so u need to remap to that architecture to make those midi files work.
    Can achieve in several different ways but sometimes bit of work needed and a pain lol.
    Of course even say within kontakt itself the mappings between libraries are going to vary. Velocity levels a big pain also with this kind of stuff.
    You're unlikely to get say perfect results without detailed remapping and results vary drastically but ezplayer pro the quickest bet and results normally pretty good.

For Studio Drummer, 70's Drums etc easiest way just go to options -> Sample mapping & select superior drummer, which GM extended.

Same principle applies to other libraries as in map host format to GM extended :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks guys, will give this a try. :wink: