Help With Kontakt 6.7.1 (bobdule ver) Not Playing Instruments?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by audioxef, Apr 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. audioxef

audioxef Newbie

I wanted to update from Kontakt 5 to 6 so I did a full uninstall (no nativeaccess.xml or anything left) and installed bobdule's Kontakt 6.7.1. I did notice that no nativeaccess.xml was generated with it but didn't pay it any mind.

I opened my daw (Cubase), added my libraries, and everything seemed to go smoothly, however when I went to play any of my sample libraries, nothing is happening. It loads the library but no sound is being produced. Even in Kontakt itself the meter is flat. What's weird is if I launch Kontakt outside of my daw and trigger any sounds, the meter picks up sound being produced.

Any help or ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Try installing the latest version of R2R it has a nativeaccess.xml file included for copying.

4. secretworld

secretworld Producer

If standalone kontakt is working it is probably a cubase issue. Could be kontakt in cubase not receiving midi, you can check this by using the kontakt keyboard or the cubase audio engine not running at all.

5. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

In some cases if modwheel is down at zero, specific libraries don't play the sound. Perhaps in standalone mode it receives CC1 from your keyboard but in Cubase it's blocked somehow. Or even all midi, as mentioned in the previous comment.

6. audioxef

audioxef Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions! Figured out what the issue was after a little more digging. Turns out it was pulling Kontakt from a VST3 install that got missed. I deleted that and re-scanned my plugins, having it detect the VST 2 install from bobdule's version. Everything seems to be working great now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I was also puzzled when I found no NativeAcces.xml after installing bobdule's Kontakt. It turns when you use the Bobdule's add library it writes it automatically. So it must be embedded in their utils (KontaktButton.exe).
    Bob rules :wink: