Help with Jackson JS22-7 and ampsims

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by reignerrr, Apr 2, 2018.

1. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Yep. Sounds good! What ever fx chain you used the 2nd time works.

2. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

thanks! and thanks too to all people here for the helps

3. jefft

jefft Producer

I think that I mentioned the gate in the first page...doh:
    May sound obvious but have you set the noise gate, Hi gain amps always create bucket loads of noise, and need a good gating system

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You may like to have a look at this (although the speach is awful):

I'm sure you'll find more on YT.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  5. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

you're right, sorry, i was dizzy with all the information

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Are you kidding? I have spent the last 4 years trying to achieve that sound!

7. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

A: amplitude sucks imo for anything that isn't classic rock or the bass SVT suite or the guitar to bass effect. On even on guitar libraries the metal sounds are sloppy sounding at best.

B: EZMIX has decent guitar sounds
    C: Guitar Rig 5 has great metal sounds with some editing.
    D: Personally id suggest using 2 effects channels with 2 amp set ups. Even though I try to tell my clients to always record clean first...

Also think about the passive pick ups the quality of the cables. But honestly Amplitude would be the last amp sim I'd use for anything but the SVT bass suite or the guitar-bass effect while writing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yeah, I just record on a clean channel with output muted and run that through a second channel to use as a "Rig" channel for monitoring the vibe :P . It leaves all options open to change the whole setup, or to chop out a bad part of the track ..or to even use it without distortion. (you know, for some weird-ass effect, maybe).
    I do love the TH3 for ease of use. There is so much to do with a guitar sound who knows what is best, but ease of use is a more objective aspect.

9. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Good man, I give that advice to clients and very few ever listen about only using the effect on a non-recording channel so you always have a clean signal to do whatever you want with since if it's recorded with the effect its recorded with the effect.

The ease of use thing I can understand. Guitar Rig to get the best out of it you gotta know real world stuff and there are so many options most get lost. But that's also why I suggest ezmix2 to a lot of people they packs go for like 20 bucks but all the metal guitars are usually great sounding and it only gives you 2 options for change with each setting making it easy.

But then again I got used to making presets after I found my right sound and dual amp if I need effects over what I already have. There are crap loads of ways to do it. However at least if you record clean you can sit there and figure it out instead of having to re-record everytime you think a new sound may work.

10. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

if you ever get interested in trying guitar Rig 5 I can send ya plenty of metal presets that will blow your mind.

This is just one of my guitar rig presets but its guitar rig 5 only over a clean signal. Also you can tell it has NO problems with low end for 7/8 string ERG use.

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Made that experience myself. It's like talking to walls and I stopped repeating this forever and ever. Also this terrible habit to make a pseudo stereo sound out of a single guitar and to ignore the phase issues and reduced punch is a real nightmare.

Nice preset, btw.

12. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

you talk about the sample that i posted? if you want i will take screenshots of all the chain

your sample sounds great! please send me some of that, i want to try

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual