Help with Jackson JS22-7 and ampsims

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by reignerrr, Apr 2, 2018.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Just post a clean sample of what you are feeding amplitube might help to hear what the source is like before assuming anything.

You can even export you amplitube 4 preset somebody with that software might be willing to look at your settings and suggest something different and explain why or it could be just what you are feeding it.

2. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Turn the guitar volume knob all the way up, and the Focusrite preamp gain to minimal. You want a strong signal straight from the source, not an amplified weak signal which means noise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Plug a long cable
    Volume max, minimal gain on soundcard
    Move your guitar near EVERY electric/electronic thing you have near you. Even roof.
    When noise raise ... you found the culprit :D

It can be monitor, computer, lamp, fluorescent tube ...

PS : you will need to engage "pad" button on soundcard to use guitar volume max without RED alert.
    I know ... i have a JS32Q-7 and a Scarlett 2i2 (without pad...)

4. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

here it is, guitar volume to the max, gain of the focusrite in level 3, without amplitube:

i managed to make a crappy part even i have just days with a guitar, LOL

5. PopstarKiller

Alright, that's not a bad DI. I put it through LePou LeCto and a GuitarHack IR to get a similar sound to what you posted. Would sound even better if you shared the original .wav instead of an mp3.

https://instaud.io/1ZFG

6. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

so, we can say that the guitar have no problems inside then?

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

One thing to try :

Make sure that your pickups are not too close to the strings. Pick-ups too close will not function correctly. There is a sweet spot you have to find, especially with cheap factory Chinese pick-ups.

**edit** Yeah, the clean DI does sound good. And, yes, the new amp sim sounds real good. OP is not using the right settings somewhere in the original amp sim software.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

and as someone said before, if i change the strings will improve the sound? what set of strings is the best?

9. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

I have a 1st gen focusrite 6i6. I had major issues with noise with many guitars and ampsims. What solved it for me was buying a active di box. Dramatically improved the noise and in turn the tone.

10. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

Behringer Ultra-di Di400p is good?

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

you need hi-z input and disable other mics etc.

12. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Sounds like there are some scratchy pots or something is loose, you will fix it yourself over time as you learn about it and get used to it. There is nothing wrong with it that should keep it from sounding good enough for your intended use.

If you haven't taken it to get set-up properly (do you even know what you would want in a setup) no string is better or worse than the other when you buy from the known quality brands. I personally (right now) tend to like D'Addario and DR strings, if you are going for metal and might drop down you should probably get a set of hybrid strings with a heavy bottom so that you don't get mush there and don't need to have a gorilla grip to play the top. Though if you asked me two months from now I might say I love Dunlop strings or w.e..... Strings are like your favorite burger chain, it's a love hate relationship where I am mostly at fault, but blaming them for my failings makes me feel better, so be it.

--------------------------------

back on topic.....

You just need to learn to use a gate and understand you amp or sim better. There is nothing wrong with the sound that went in and nothing wrong with the instrument... this is one of those cases where -you- have to spend some time on it, with it, and just figure out how it works and then later what your sound actually is.

i.e. you signal through my amp-sim of choice :
    Code:
    http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/cIrBZnUW/file.html

13. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Do you know a guitar player that can check it out?
    If you bought it online, take it to the store you're gonna buy strings from.

Hi gain guitar is about muting of the unwanted strings with the left / right hand.

Good luck.

14. PopstarKiller

It sounds reasonably good. I don't think you need a DI.

At to strings, I recommend Cleartone. They cost more than others but also last much longer (you can easily go 3-4 months with them) and retain a smooth feeling and a great sound.

15. How about this...now that we know that your guitar is not the culprit, pick the cleanest preset in the bunch, and keeping both the the gain of the amp sim at zero and the master volume at say 5, slowly raise the gain until the signal into your DAW is -18. It shouldn't be very noisy. I have found that Amplitude is a noisy plugin in general, noisier than TH3 or Helix for some inexplicable reason, but this may just be a personal problem on my side of the equation.

16. TW

TW Guest

Seems like the clean d.i. sounds fine.
    I did not read all post. So if it allready was written forget it. Did you try another cable? Most guitar problems are caused by faulty cables (slack joint).

Try a differnt amp sim. Get line 6 helix on the sister site for testing (only ~ 20MB)

17. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

tried the gate expander of the TH3 with tse808 + LE456 + amplitube 4 metal cab and vintage warmer 2 and i think it did the trick

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

secret to playing guitar and getting good at it, is get used to playing real clean few hours then only add gain for like last half hour, then you will carry over how good you picked while playing clean.
    never dial in a sound that covers up your mistakes, always go for a tone that reveals mistakes easily and keep clarity.

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

here is a gift the best metal tone you can ever get.

20. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Cool sound, glad it all worked out and thanks for letting us know how it went.

I wish you the best on your new metal adventure.

Cheers.