Help with Izotope plugins GUI Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doctor_Me, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Hey guys, hope you're fine and safe...
    Been trying Izotope stuff recently and find out that they sound pretty good to my ears, but unfortunatelly they just have an issue that is annoying me, sometimes (70-80% of the times) when I open an Izotope plugin it just open a "frozen" version of the GUI, that updates its frame every 10 seconds or so. This behaviour occurs on both my Win 10 and Win 7 systems. Have someone had similar issues and find a way to solve it?

My main specs are Win 10, Intel I7, 8GB Ram and the onboard Intel HD Graphics card (No GPU), my only DAW is FL Studio

If someone have a solution I would be very grateful, really want to use the Izotope plugins, but most of the time they just don't work and I need to pic other equivalent to keep working.

BTW, thougth it was an issue with vst3 versions, but after uninstall everything and reinstall vst2 versions the problem still remains.

Thanks in advance for any help and have a nice day guys :)

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

yes, iZotope plugins are shitty coded when it comes to GUI and resource optimization,
    happens on MacOS too
    :snuffy:

5. Doctor_Me

Hey bro, thanks for your answer, unfortunatelly I have tried the first link method with no success.
    Before write here I have searched on google for solutions but haven't found anything useful, seens like not much people experience this issue at all... Tried to contact izootope but had no return yet.

Maybe it has something to do with gpu acceeration compatibility, remember I had a similar issue with Fabfilter and disable the gpu acceleration function solved the issue. But i have no idea if it's possibe to disable it for Izotope plugins and how to do it.

6. Doctor_Me

Really sorry to "hear" that, hope we find a solution here... :sad:

7. Haliax

Haliax Guest

What GPU do you have?

OpenGL is used in some plugins, driver updates may help

8. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

for ex. it takes me roughly 39 seconds to copy Ozone 9 VST3 plugin from one track to another in Reaper (my computer specs in signature),
    I observed opening the plugin then takes less than a second IF I set GUI to generic but around 3 seconds when using iZotope GUI;

my solution is not use iZotope, it's definitely doable, though it's rather sad, because I genuinely appreciate the learning materials at iZotope website and they do things nice, pity they're not resource efficient

9. Doctor_Me

Actually I don't have GPU, have an HD Graphics 4000 by Intel (onboard card)...
    I know nothing about OpenGL, It worth a try out, thanks for your reccomendation bro :mates:

10. Doctor_Me

Yeah, I get what you mean, this issue really make me use other things even if the Izotope option would sound better... For example, I prefer the Vocal Doubler by them over the Microshift from soundtoys, but I get myself using the Soundtoys one most of the time cause the Vocal doubler refuses to open correctly. That's sad honestly.

11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

EDIT - I just updated Ozone 9 and now it's about 3-4 seconds instead of 39, so there are definitely some fixes iZotope is constantly adressing,
    makes me wonder if you're using latest versions, and also what build of Windows you're using?
    speaking of other plugins, I prefer Fabfilter and Overloud over iZotope and Waves anyday

12. Doctor_Me

Actually I'm using the latest R2R version from sister site and the free ones, the loading time is not a big issue here, just the GUI issue that just make them useless, like it happens at least 95% of the time, and I have no idea which variables make it happen...
    I love Fabfilter plugins, they are my main mixing tools currently, but when it comes to mastering i think Ozone is more complete, like the imager module on ozone or the maximizer transient restoration thing...

About Overloud, I think I never tried their plugins, usually "vintage consoles GUI simulations" turn me off when it comes to plugins, don't know why