Help with glitchy GUI menus using Jbridge.

Discussion in 'Software' started by flguy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I use 64 bit FL studio as a DAW. The 64-bit version of the (cracked) VST Scaler was giving me registration issues, so I decided to use the 32-Bit version. I wasn't getting any sound to come out of the plugin, so I remembered using J-Bridge for issues with Nexus and how worked perfectly. I was able to fix the sound and registration issues, but now whenever I click on a section of the plugin that has a drop down menu, it just glitches out, essentially just blinking a few times before closing. I know I can't expect everything to work perfectly using a cracked plugin, but I feel as this is something that could be easily fixed by someone who has some knowledge about Jbridge. Any help on fixing would be appreciated!

3. teach me plz

teach me plz Banned

Jbridge is horseshit. Stop cracking and buy your stuff

4. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I've had similar GUI issues with legit plugins in JBridge. It might have something to do with the way the GUI is being sized in JBridge. Try checking the options in the window of the bridged plugin "Sluggish GUI hack, Force GUI refresh" and reopen. Maybe "Performance Mode and Bridged plugin's GUI always on top" also. You can mess with all of the options but I've noticed in some DAW's like Reaper the GUI just won't work.

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Don’t listen to McDouche who replied before me... Any rate, Jbridge really does suck though. I use it with my legit plugins and it’s glitchy as hell. Not sure what it’s using for rendering the GUI, but it just all around blows.

6. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Wot?.. You guys don't like Jbridge? Cost like 15 bucks and the dev gives lifetime support, it's been feeding my kids for hundreds of years and chicks love it too.

7. TentacoloViola

TentacoloViola Noisemaker

Use the option to execute the plugin in a separate window. It worked for me

8. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Honestly. I’ve used it for years too, but it’s glitchy. It should have been overhauled years ago. It still behaves like a freeware plug-in on Mac OS to this day. It works, just not elegantly.

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Did you try one of these (from their homepage)?

9 – “My plugin’s GUI is not displayed or only partially displayed with the integrated GUI mode.”

– Click the jBridge icon on the bottom, it will issue a window refresh command. From v1.14 onwards, you can also try to enable the option “Force whole GUI refresh”.

– If the GUI is still not displayed at all, try disabling UAC ( Windows Vista/7 ).

10 – “My bridged plugins always show a blank window when I open their GUI.”

– According to the reports, running the DAW as admin solves this problem. If you’re running the auxhost’s as admin, and not the DAW, you will get a white window.

12 – “My plugin’s GUI window still shows blank with the integrated GUI mode.”

You might want to try the separated GUI mode instead. From version 1.18 onwards, enable the “switch to integrated GUI mode” option and reload your bridged plugin.

( to manually set a plugin to use the separated GUI mode, edit the default_auxhost_settings.txt in jBridge’s program folder or the <your plugin name>.jBridge file in you plugin’s directory. Find the following line:

USE_SEPARATED_GUI 0

change it to

USE_SEPARATED_GUI 1)

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/jbridge-troubleshooting/

10. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

I've been using Jbridge for years without any problem. Try to follow the instructions by No Avenger".
    My system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Studio One 4.1.3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Yes, that was the first thing I tried.
    I've tried messing with the separate GUI option but nothing seems to work.
    I did notice I can use the arrow keys to go through the menus, so I just might have to bite the bullet and use the plugin that way.