help with addictive drums + logic + codesign

Discussion in 'Software' started by kindleman, Dec 19, 2020.

1. kindleman

kindleman Member

hi
    could anybody please help me installing addictive drums 2.19 on logic / mojave ?
    followed all the instructions from the sistersite, standalone app works great but logic varification keeps crashing .
    this is what i get form terminal

sudo codesign -f -s - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive\ Drums\ 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive\ Drums\ 2
    Password:
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive Drums 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive Drums 2: replacing existing signature
    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive Drums 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive Drums 2: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used

what am i doing wrong ?
    thanks a lot!!!

3. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Probably xcode command tools missing but not sure.

4. kindleman

kindleman Member

please can you tell me where could i get it/ where i could find instructions to make it work ? im pretty new to this thx

5. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Just Google “Xcode command line tools” and install them. They’re free from Apple.

6. kindleman

kindleman Member

thanks for your help, ive installed them and i get this now :

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/AddictiveDrums 2.component: No such file or directory

also tried with xo
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/XO.component: No such file or directory

7. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Your path doesn't look right:
    Try
    sudo codesign -f -s - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive\ Drums\ 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive\ Drums\ 2

sudo codesign -f -s - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/XO.component/Contents/MacOS/XO

remember that when you type in your password that it doesn't show on the terminal screen.

8. kindleman

kindleman Member

thank you!!!! that worked!!!!
    it worked for addictive drums ... somehow not for XO , but addictive drums was the priority
    however its the second time that it crashed logic after trying to route out to multiple tracks ... anyone experienced this ? thx again!

9. kindleman

kindleman Member

its weird.... it seems like the arrows at the bottom of each tracks triggers the problem.. randomly .... i got to route some tracks with it but it crashed a few times now when i press it .