HELP with a big Win bug very problemetic thanks

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sacculus, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Sacculus

Sacculus Ultrasonic

Hello guyzz
    I have a PC from 2012 it's basically a i7 2600k OC with Asus Z68 MB and 16Gb RAM Corsair DDR I don't have for the moment upgrade to SSD and use 5 SATA HDD for storage. I have a motu ultralite mk3 firewire only (no usb ports) it's the first generation.

The problem is simple in apparence but I try all is possible on the world wide web and forums or articles about win 10 problems

In fact when I load an apply like Live10 or Acrobat or Google or sometimes even the explorer the programm freeze for a really long time and indicate the supreme message : DON'T RESPONDING

I try all I can find to solve the issue I even reinstall windows without changing my program files just a repair ...
    I use ESET Nod as AV and it don't detect malware, I try to update my drivers, keep win updates regularry but it never change the behavior of my system
    What is incredible is that when I look at the system ressources all components run smoothly I only use 65% of my RAM + 35% CPU and sometimes a pick in the I/O disk zctivity because it's not SSD

IF SOMEONE can help me it will be wondefull Im working hard to improve my worklow but need 15 minites to load a standard ableton projects...

When I load a vst or even standard FX it takes 7 or 10 minutes to open the Gui and activate the plugin parameters for editing...

(it's not possible to work seryously or progress in my game...)

I try to keep maximum money from month to month to buy a new cpu on august a MB in septembre the RAM the next month and so on I will build my own PC Audiowork station ... it's the only solution but still there I need to find a way to match a smooth running and find why it so slow without using ressources in a important pourcentage ...

Thanks for reading and if you have ideas your welcome

Syncerly,
    SACCULUS

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

what you described is a common behaviour when using Windows 10 on HDD, and using officially unsupported hardware on Windows 10,
    when I check ASUS website, there are no drivers for Windows 10, so drivers you're using is generic garbage,

only real solution for now is to go back to Windows 7, simple as that, sorry

if you're planning to build a new computer later this year, definitely check some used PCs, basically anything with 6th gen Intel Core i5 or newer is more than capable of audio work, and definitely do use SSD for Windows 10 by all means,
    also, you might want to explore Vienna Ensemble Pro server - in short, you would use your older second computer as server to host virtual instruments, and your primary computer with DAW would not be burdened by loading and processing the virtual instruments

:chilling:

4. minozheros

minozheros Kapellmeister

Did you try to load ableton live in windows 7 compatibility mode ?

5. bear on fridge

bear on fridge Ultrasonic

I have my vsts on HDD no problem
    1) Could be a Malware problem if never happened before
    1.solution) make free space in HDD, fragment free space, make partition, write win10 or win7 on that partition (dualboot, can google it or YT, just to check if it works ok on fresh install)

2) Wrong bios configuration (if it was ok and you tampered with it)
    2.solution) Reset Bios settings. (easy way is cmos reset)
    Then follow a bios guide (reset c-state, etc.
    )

3) wrong windows timer configuration.
    3.solution) Can be many things. Could be HPET enabled on windows level. open CMD as admin, Type:
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
    bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
    bcdedit /set useplatformclock no
    (restart pc)

4)It might as well be latency problem, bad driver.
    4.solution)

5) God is showing you the other way

6. Caldera

Caldera Producer

First of all!! Completely disable ESET. Not just kill the app BUT PREVENT TO LOAD AT STARTUP!! Restart your system. Check the startup APPS AND DRIVERS in the taskmanager. Disable them all if possible. Restart your system again. It's not preferable to mess with your BIOS settings. It worked before so it has something to do with drivers or updates which has been installed lately.

7. bear on fridge

bear on fridge Ultrasonic

No need to mess with BIOS indeed, I provided a guide for a reason.
    I like 10-20% more performance so I included it as an option.

8. evolasme

evolasme Producer

the drivers for that MOTU are notoriously bad. or were when i had one. do you have a texas instruments chip firewire card? those old motus only really worked with those and even then they would cause issues ( I eventually sold mine with the firewire card) also. disconnect the motu and test. but programs freezing could be bad ram/ not well seated ram. pull the ram and reinstall it. make sure its properly seated and all pins are clean. if you still have the problem pull ram and try one stick at a time in all slots. its a bit of work but will at least rule out bad ram. so many other issues could be the culprit specially with. a 8 year old machine also if your win 10 fresh install is 8 years old. its time to do a freshy anyway

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Being that the system is overclocked, your CPU could be overheating which will cause severe throttling (CPU dipping lower than base clock). Thermal paste may need to be reapplied.

The other issue could be CPU degradation (over-voltage CPU setting for too long of a period).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

First of all!! Completely disable ESET as Caldera Set remove all that security and virus crap you have try to get a ver on win enterprise call LSTC is has nothing on it used for critcal applications your PC is fine get rid of the virus stuff a reinstall is the best way

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Better yet, get the Oprekin Windows Lite Plus. https://oprekin.com/

13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

This shouldn't be an audio interface problem. Does other software run smoothly? If not you have a badly cooled cpu or bad system hdd or both. Check your cpu temps. Check your drives with CrystalDiskInfo. A fresh OS install like @The Pirate said may be just what the doctor ordered.
    Cheers

14. Sacculus

Sacculus Ultrasonic

wow you are super active on this forum! it's really amazing
    so i try thelatencyMo and i feel there is some unregular results...
    matbe someone can help me analysing the results

upload_2020-7-2_23-45-21.png

upload_2020-7-2_23-45-2.png
    C

upload_2020-7-2_23-46-55.png

And here is the stats
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:10:52 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: DJFOOD-PC
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 (x64)
    Hardware: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Logical processors: 8
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 16351 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 3411 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 579,60
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 9,909246

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 564,20
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4,292172

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 327248,542656
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Runtime de l’infrastructure de pilotes en mode noyau, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,983411
    Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Runtime de l’infrastructure de pilotes en mode noyau, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 1,034334

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 15097097
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 343201,314571
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 1,074946
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Runtime de l’infrastructure de pilotes en mode noyau, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1,197585

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 10756033
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 116
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: ableton live 10 suite.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 28834
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 12601
    Number of processes hit: 34

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 140,505639
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 327248,542656
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 53,901978
    CPU 0 ISR count: 15057319
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 343201,314571
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 59,623162
    CPU 0 DPC count: 10540725
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 31,575530
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 95,705951
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,031533
    CPU 1 ISR count: 28035
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 353,411316
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 1,991165
    CPU 1 DPC count: 133708
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 12,19380
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 21,78540
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,011597
    CPU 2 ISR count: 7526
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 343,127235
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,522773
    CPU 2 DPC count: 52482
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 13,259963
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 32,872471
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,005280
    CPU 3 ISR count: 3719
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 302,391381
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,141968
    CPU 3 DPC count: 10347
    CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,478130
    CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 28,537379
    CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0,001722
    CPU 4 ISR count: 501
    CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 303,10730
    CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0,073833
    CPU 4 DPC count: 6740
    CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 9,744941
    CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 7,209030
    CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000010
    CPU 5 ISR count: 2
    CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 156,209323
    CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0,033990
    CPU 5 DPC count: 3247
    CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7,311321
    CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 6 ISR count: 0
    CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 145,483143
    CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0,038833
    CPU 6 DPC count: 4356
    CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 9,112036
    CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
    CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
    CPU 7 ISR count: 0
    CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 212,354735
    CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0,041767
    CPU 7 DPC count: 4545

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  15. Sacculus

Sacculus Ultrasonic

16. Sacculus

Sacculus Ultrasonic

I should mentio that i run the test during starting Ableton
    I don't smile and it's sad for me the situation is near the end I need a new computer or maybe test a dual boot with windows 7 and reinstall all my setup with the user presets from Xfer, Serum, Massive, DUNE, and I forget the rest... and all the m4L packs and devices, the omnisphere and Keyscape updates once again im gonna cry tonight !!!

Im depressed and need support from other members who can analyse this results better than me I just understand somethig is going bad but can't point the default issues and where its coming from

Thanks for your quick response and help really appreciated nevertheless it's positive for the future it can't be worst :))

ps I notice that since i disable Intel Speed Step things get a little more smoother

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Vro do what we told you. Dont waste time running tests

18. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

storport.sys is typical HDD "issues". It's 2020 every operating system in the world (C disk) should be on SSD. Also your hardware is pretty old and can cause issues with newer operating systems like Windows 10.
    You should build a new pc when you can afford. No charm in trying to be creative on old slow hardware. Minimum upgrade to SSD on disk C

19. The Freq

The Freq Guest

Also -
    • People take it for granted that you do not need a good graphics card - BS. The major DAWS all benefit from a 4GB or higher reasonably recent graphics card and plenty of RAM.
    • if you are not also a gamer, or the application you use most does not specifically say the CPU must be a certain frequency which yours can only reach when overclocked, then there is no need to overclock your CPU and risk destabilization. That is probably not the source of the problem, but with older hardware and newer software pushing it, then overclocking won't help the problem. I use the Skylake i-7 as well and it is glitch-free in Windows 10, but I do not overclock it or overclock the 6GB Radeon PCIE either.

20. Martinkl

Martinkl Noisemaker

21. Martinkl

Martinkl Noisemaker

FL Studio (20.7.1.1773) has encountered an error and needs to restart.

Crash log saved to C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\Image-Line\FL Studio\Support\Logs\Crash\ folder.

Please use Ctrl+C to copy this message and report to support.

Exception:
    Access violation at address 000000000D140E9D in module 'Serum_x64.dll'. Read of address 0000000000000000
    Callstack:
    000000000CC30000:000000000D140E9D: Serum_x64.dll
    000000000CC30000:000000000D1189E6: Serum_x64.dll
    000000000CC30000:000000000CFC135F: Serum_x64.dll
    000000000CC30000:000000000CFC2854: Serum_x64.dll
    000000000CC30000:000000000CFC11CC: Serum_x64.dll
    000000000C740000:000000000CA98674: GFruity Wrapper_x64.dll
    000000000C740000:000000000CADA97C: GFruity Wrapper_x64.dll
    000000000C740000:000000000CADC42D: GFruity Wrapper_x64.dll
    000000000C740000:000000000CAF002D: GFruity Wrapper_x64.dll
    0000000002860000:0000000002F0554A: _FLEngine_x64.dll
    0000000002860000:0000000002F0561B: _FLEngine_x64.dll