Help to create Stadium Crowd Vocals

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Mar 27, 2024.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Hi, I'm currently mixing a song for a singer, the whole thing will be a kind of soccer song.
    In the hook she would like to have stadium vocals like in the example.

I recorded myself 4 times and doubled her hook and then sent it into a bus and over the send return with a reverb in the insert....
    But unfortunately the sound doesn't come close to the example...
    How would you proceed and which reverb would you use?
    Unfortunately Altiverb crashes for me so I need a different solution.

How much pre delay do you think I should use and what about eq and compression, maybe even a delay send?

Kind regards

You can hear it at 00:13

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

5. cruzall

cruzall Member

I've done some similar things long ago, best results for me were using QuikQuak Crowd Chamber. Used Sound Particles Density before but didn't hit quite the same. [Unaffiliated].

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. clone

clone Audiosexual

That's another plugin, just a little older and less likely to already have installed. The best results would be doing it manually the very old way, but that is more time consuming than it is probably worth. I saw someone mention you could use noise and a vocoder. i'm not linking that.

This is what similar to what I think about hearing this effect in music: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/06/18/coppa-italia-coronavirus-fake-crowds

7. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

I love this song! I translated the lyrics and I must say that it is perfect for a football team anthem (by the way, what is the name of the team?) Yes, to sing stadium chants you can use your voice with Quikquack plugin

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I don't think any of these artificial crowd makers produce the wanted result. IMHO, you'd need at least eight tracks (four left, four right). You could then use an ADT plugin for each side to copy it to the other side, (or) use a cross delay and try a formant shifter for the copies. But as soon as you're creating a bunch of artificial voices they'll sound well, artificial.