Help.. Studio One track channels buggin out!

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Jan 7, 2017.

1. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

I've yet to learn whether this problem has to do with preference settings in S1, or if it's just the way S1 functions. However, it gets on my nerves. I've included a couple screenshots. I like to track and mix with my channels looking like Track 1 in the first screenshot. I'll have several tracks and any tracks I have fx inserts on I keep the right-hand tab open so they are visible and readily accessible. The problem is every time I add a bus channel every one of my tracks with open tabs collapses. In the second screenshot it only shows how adding a bus collapses Track 1. But this happens to all tracks each time I add a bus, and then I sort through and reopen the ones I have fx on one by one. Anyone else experience this, have an answer, or a fix?

S1v3 open channel.png

S1v3 after adding bus.png

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

s1 2.6.5 has the same behaviour. maybe make the inserts and sends visible at all times by enlarging the mixer view helps?

4. miaik

miaik Member

I just tried this to see what you are talking about :D Yes adding bus collapses, track. The reason i havent noticed that, is cause i almost never add bus like that, first select tracks that i want to bus, then use Add Bus for Selected Channels, and voila, tracks dont collapse that way, but i agree with you, there should be an option for this behavior in options menu, to turn it on or off, maybe its there somewhere havent looked tho, hope this helps :wink:

5. miaik

miaik Member

Playing with this some more, i think its by design that way, if you just add bus, it will add it expanded, and colapsing any other expanded channel, if you first select tracks then add bus for selected channels, tracks will remain expanded but the added bus wont be, it will show up collapsed view. Maybe post request about this to Presonus?

6. miaik

miaik Member

One other thing that may be of help to you, i always work with the mixer enlarged, like korte1975 suggested :mates:. Just press Small/Large button on the left inside the mixer, 2 up and down triangles :wink:

edit: crap am posting like crazy instead of editing, sorry about that

7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

I appreciate the feedback. I add busses for selected channels if I want multiple channels to share the same output. But the example above is when I'm adding a bus to use a send signal with. I mainly like my mixer view this way because it keeps my arranger view visible. And I'll shrink the width of my tracks in the arranger as it gets full so everything fits and is visible.

8. miaik

miaik Member

Yea adding FX channel also collapses other channels, tho adding bus for selected fx channels works. I guess you could make a few templates and minimize the hasle, tho its not ideal i know. Am out of ideas :D Hope presonus fix this in later versions :)

9. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Yeah, I I'll have to add a number of bus channels to my default template as a workaround until Presonus hopefully fixes or includes a menu option for those tabs to stay open and let the user decide to close them. Thanks again for your replies.