Help! Spectrasonics plugins load very slowly (2021) [solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by ByFire17, Jul 9, 2021.

1. ByFire17

ByFire17 Member

Help, I have seen solutions regarding spectrasonic plugins, but none have solved the problem for me. I have installed the entire library on a 480 GB SSD, as well as my main hard drive also SSD and I have 16gb of ddr4 ram. :disco:

Context:
    a week ago I installed all the spectrasonics plugins and the problem is that they load too much but too slow when I am working with vst but when I run it with the application (trillian.exe keyscape.exe, omnisphere.exe etc ... etc) load very fast and you have no problem changing instruments, quite the opposite to when I use vst.

I have this version currently Omnisphere2 2.6.4d, Keyscape 1.2.1d, Trilian 1.5.0d, I was suspicious if it is only from the vst file, if any expert can help me, I will be grateful !!!!

ATTACHED A VIDEO CAPTURE OF THE PROBLEM:

UPDATE (SOLUTION):

Friends, I managed to fix the problem and hope it works for you :mates::

What I did was download the update patch "r4e-Spectrasonics" that you can find in audioz, I only reinstalled the patch for keyscape and trillian, not omnisphere because I have a higher version (v2.6.4d and "r4e" is v2.6.4c) , when I opened it in ableton, studio one, etc, I thought it would take a long time, first I opened the trilian and it ran fast and smoothly, the keyscape also ran with good fluidity, I thought it would not be the same with the omnisphere since I did not touch it at all but it turns out that it also loads fast and even improved preset navigation.:wink:

My suspicions of this error are: when I started to install the spectrasonics software, it was that I downloaded different versions of spectrasonics regarding their updates and that I think it generated problems in the registries and caused bottlenecks in vst, because when I activated the instrument this It was only activated in executable but the ".dll (vst)" was not activated yet, which caused the executable to be deactivated again. Now I have no problem, also since I have all the ssd disks they load much faster. Hope this can help you.:disco:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Try restarting your computer. Whenever I update Omnisphere, it always behaves super slowly until i restart my PC.

4. alwin1

alwin1 Kapellmeister

fl probably still loads the version from your external

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You also use the 64 bit version of Fl Studio?

https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/25/en/topic/system-index
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to...me-and-performance-windows.38416/#post-329339

One User say:" Closing FL and starting the 64bit version of it (FL64.exe) as administrator fixed it for me. "

6. virtualsound100

virtualsound100 Member

Look in folder -Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphere/Setting Library and Presets cut all third Partys in Multi, Patches and Presets folder but don´t delete Factory folders, then paste all to other folder for backup outside from Spectrasonics folder, vst omnisphere plugin load faster now, then installed step by step yours favorit third party stuff.

7. ByFire17

ByFire17 Member

problem persists on any daw (ableton, fl studio, studio one etc etc), I will try to update and reboot. :woot:

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The VST can be installed on any drive. The library however, should be installed on one drive. Is this the case?
    Is the drive internally attached or external?
    Is indexing for that drive turned off?
    Is the drive excluded from Virus Scanning?

9. ByFire17

ByFire17 Member

I tried something, in ableton, studio one etc, it is still slow, but in fl studio it has an option to run "FL64 (scaled) .exe" and to my surprise omnisphere, keyscape, trilian and stylus worked very fast, no I don't know what configuration is in "FL64 (scaled) .exe" mode but it caused all spectrasonics plugins to load very fast and with a very good response in CPU consumption.:woot::woot::woot:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

"The FL64 (scaled).exe will let Windows handle high-resolution scaling as explained here in the manual. It's a fix for VST GUI scaling issues. Normally you do not need to use this."

Interesting...

Another general tip for is to exclude certain -processes and / or folders from being scanned by antivirus. That doesn't seem to have anything to do with your problem though...

11. ByFire17

ByFire17 Member

I JUST UPDATED THE POST, I ALREADY SOLVED MY PROBLEM !! Thank you for your contributions, you are the best community <3 :wink::mates::thanks:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2021
  12. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The exclusion tip helps to make certain that a particular folder or drive is not scanned needlessly while a program or VST is being used. Just another part of system optimization.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  13. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

Also excluding software that is heavy multiple pb samplers libraries to your av after was checked to be safe can in some cases drastically improve performance especially if the software is completely legitimate drm and av can cause slowdowns

14. ensoniq

ensoniq Noisemaker

have same issues with omnisphere and stylus Rmx as you described in your post. I’m trying to figure out how to solve it on my system . Did you solve it by re-installing all spectrasonics plug-ins or by using different fl studio version ?