help repairing cheap sub

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by ca5plays, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

i have a Phillips home audio system my dog jumped up and knocked the sub woofer over and now it rattles it seems to be the box , and its sealed so i cant open it with out killing it . im sure i should just go get a new one , i got this one for free and it works well so i might upgrade the sub , its non powered and it really thumps for a non powered sub , i think, if anyone knows what i should do to seal the box and make it stop rattling please let me know , thanks ( ps i have to grip clamps holding it in place so i know the speaker part is good its just rattles the box and it sounds like shit now and i cant listen to rl grime and uz mixes with out the boom boom )

3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

use a 2 component glue, and reinforce it with some plastic sheets, if it is only the box.

instead of plastic sheets, You can use this net... it is used for reinforcing walls.

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. remix

remix Platinum Record

Sounds like its gone mate...

get a new one...

5. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

yeah i hate to throw away good sound stuff but ill just look for another one its more sentimental than monetary thanks for any help tho

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Best Answer
    No need to dump it. Most likely the speaker cabinet is glued together, so I would remove the one side of the box that seems most easy to remove and then fix the part inside that's moving (usually coils or capacitors). Fix them well, using a steel bracket and wood screws, additionally fix them with hot glue, then glue the box back together.

7. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

ok thanks i clamped it down its been pretty normal ever since cant wait to get a better one but this one wkrs well for now

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List