Help! Recover faulty live recording and highlight vocal track.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Vientoquepiensa, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Vientoquepiensa

Vientoquepiensa Newbie

Hi all, ask if anyone wants advice. I need to recover/repair/improve a live recording, which was probably captured without much care. The sound is not unpleasant, but certainly not that of a good mix. As I do everything in an "Artisan" way and I do not consider myself at all a professional in this, it occurred to me to separate the singer's voice (which accompanies a legendary singer and therefore the need to rescue this audio) with AI more specifically with "Demucs" The result of extracting the voice was more than interesting, of course you have to process it, but my idea is to use that Voice track, to exercise a gentle sidechain compression on the "full" track so that it stays afloat and does not get lost among the noise. tide. Then I have these doubts:
    1° What treatment do you recommend to remaster (I don't know if the term applies in this case) or to enhance a live audio, of these characteristics.
    2° From the perspective of someone who has experience, is it feasible or reasonable to separate the stem from the voice to try to improve its presence in the mix? How could I improve this idea?

I apologise if anything I write does not read well, I am using google translator. I already appreciate the interest of those who have the courage to answer, I know that in this community there are people with a lot of experience and that is why I am writing this here. If for some reason this post is out of place it can be moved to where the moderator considers. Thank you very, very much!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2023