HELP! Problem with Speakers

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Jakub, Jan 16, 2021.

1. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Try TSR cables. They are much less prone to EM interference. Interesting though, you used the same cables before and the speakers sounded clean?

2. Jakub

Jakub Member

Will do that too... thanks for reply!

3. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Reason 1: Using the Behringer Hum Destroyer with TRS cables will achieve the same thing for not much more money

Reason 2: IUsing 2 prong adapters removes the ground pin from equipment, so in the unlikely event of the piece of gear connected to it develops a short, and you touch it, you suddenly become the ground, and win a free trip to hospital.

4. Jakub

Jakub Member

Yeah, but i swtiched from notebook to pc desktop, so it worked before ok, i mean i heared a little bit white noise, but it wasnt so intensive...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Jakub

Jakub Member

Yeah thats true i heared that this is dangerous...

6. Jakub

Jakub Member

Is this one good too? https://www.gear4music.sk/en/Recording-and-Computers/SubZero-Hum-Destroyer/27BH cause i cant find rn behringer in my country...

7. Jakub

Jakub Member

8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I think that "flat" cable with "L" jack might be OK, but maybe the Roland ones are good , too:
    https://www.muziker.sk/audio-kable?param_ids.378[]=3 m&param_ids.378[]=5 m&param_ids.46[]=Jack STEREO 6,3 mm Male&param_ids.47[]=Jack STEREO 6,3 mm Male&per=36&page=1&sort_by=sort_score desc

But those 6 meter ones for only
    € 6.80 ..... nice price :)
    And for speakers that stay at home, how much wear will they get?

Hard to say which ones I would get ... but if you need the [isolation box (Sub-Zero Hum Destroyer)], you will want FOUR (4) cables, and then the question, "Where to put the box?"

So, maybe 2 short cables from the 2i2 to the [isolation box] and the two longer cables to the speakers (since they need to be apart for stereo soundfield).

You might want to put the [isolation box] a little way away from any electrical stuff.
    It is probably a transformer inside and you want to keep it away from electric noise too.

If it still has some hum, then throw it into the trash can.
    But make sure it is a metal trash can because that will add more shielding!
    Funny, but it could help! :yes:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. Jakub

Jakub Member

I totally agree with you i will go with these https://www.muziker.sk/rockboard-flat-trs-cable-3-m-black (cause they are already ordered) I just wanted to hear some opinions and sure i will get it apart from electricity and hope it will work... btw i managed to get behringer so I think im good... we will see... i let yall know for sure, anyway thanks to anyone !!!

10. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Those cables will be fine yeah. Glad you've managed to get the Behringer - all being well, this will be the end of your noise troubles! :)

There are transformers in the box yeah, to electrically isolate the speakers from the rest of the system.

I've used that behringer box to help with noise issues in several people's setups, and have found that placement isn't that much of an issue - I've even had it sat on top of someone's pc case, and it was 100% fine.

11. Jakub

Jakub Member

Everybody cables fixed the problem!!! I just hear just white noise (like before when i had notebook) but if just turn volume up a lot. Can that behringer fix that? Or it is just for electricity? Thanks anyone for help!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  12. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Glad to hear it's (almost) sorted mate!

The remaining noise could well be fixed by the behringer box: when you mentioned white noise, I was gonna assume it was just the self-noise from your monitors (the Yamahas are fairly quiet, but you can still hear them in a quiet enough room) but since the noise is increasing as you turn up your interface volume, that would suggest that it's interference coming from the computer / interface that's being amplified.

If that's the case, the behringer box should help, but even if it doesn't, you won't be making anything sound worse!

13. Jakub

Jakub Member

Thanks bro! Behringer is on my way so I will try it and let yall know... I didnt ordered yet another two trs cables so i will try it with two trs and two ts cables... hope it will have good effect too...

14. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

When it arrives, I'd advise you to try just connecting one channel with the two trs cables you have, ie: just take the left channel out of your interface into the behringer with one trs cable, and then the behringer to the left speaker with the other trs.

That way you'll know if it's making a difference or not - if you try it with ts cables in your signal path, and there's still noise, you couldn't be sure whether it was due to the ts cables or not.

If the left channel has less noise than before, then you can go ahead and order another two trs cables.

15. Jakub

Jakub Member

Bet, i will try it as you wrote it...

16. nctechno

nctechno Kapellmeister

if you hear white noise only when you turn the volume / the amp up a lot then its just normal amp hiss, im glad cables worked for you

17. Jakub

Jakub Member

Thanks! And yes Im happy too cause that annoying sounds was really annoying :D

18. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

Hmm so your in Europe so your voltage is 200 and something cant remember you would not by chance have adapters on your plugs to change the config you guys have different types over there