HELP! Problem with Speakers

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Jakub, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Jakub

Jakub Member

Yeah i tried headphones connected straight with the pc and, it work good, also tried headphones with soundcard and it works good, so either i need better cables, which i ordered them, or i need resolve problem with eletricity

2. thedarkbird

thedarkbird Platinum Record

I quickly went over all the posts in this thread. It is possible that the connection from the motherboard to your PC case USB headers has been incorrectly inserted. This happened to me as well over the decades I have been building my own PC's.

If you're not familiar with how a PC is built, don't worry, just focus on the connection of the USB-header and ignore all the rest. It's not that hard. The USB headers are usually located at the bottom right of your motherboard.

3. Jakub

Jakub Member

That should fix usb problems but i dont think it will fix problem with annoying sound...

4. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

You have a ground loop between your monitors and interface.

Get one of these: https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_microhd_hd400.htm and connect it between your interface and monitors using TRS cables for all of the connections. It's a simple box containing isolation transformers that breaks the electrical connection between your interface and speakers, without affecting the audio.

Just be aware that the spacing of the jack sockets on the box is quite tight - if you're using trs cables (which you should be) with metal plugs that are a bit chunky, make sure adjacent ones aren't touching each other - if they are, wrap them with electrical tape.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Jakub

Jakub Member

I will try today upc and tomorrow i will have trs cables so we will see, what will happen. After that I can try another solutions/ devices which can cancel signal from electricity. But tnx for reply!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Right - I'd forgotten that, and my my mention that might be due to difference in power supply...
    So, the comments about your PC build and grounding may be right, and hopefully balanced cable will fix it..
    Maybe you'll have to take the next step and get an isolation box...
    Grounding and noise are not "ON or OFF" things ... they occur in degrees .. better or worse.
    That is because cables, house wiring and equipment acts like antennae ...

I recall in the East coast USA hearing foreign language radio coming from my guitar amp.
    When i moved things around later I lost it and could not seem to get it back...
    Probably an AM radio thing bouncing off the ionosphere.

Yes, i was stoned at the time, but the ionosphere is a real thing...

7. Jakub

Jakub Member

Yeah thats my next move after, trs cables and upc... i will get some devices (for groundloop), which have been posted in this comments and will try them.

8. Jakub

Jakub Member

UPDATE: just tried UPC but it was even worse like before, my monitors was making annoying sound more like before even if game wasnt started... so i will try tomorrow trs cables and we will see...

9. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

If picking balanced cables dont solve your problem try checking if you pc is grounded properly

10. Jakub

Jakub Member

How can I check that please?

11. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

You've already been given the answer several times mate --- you have a ground loop, spend the 20 quid on the behringer box that I linked to above, your issue will be simultaneously confirmed and sorted.

The fact that you can use the interface and speakers with a laptop rules out hardware failure. I listened to the sound on your video a couple of pages back. You have a ground loop, there's a simple solution - just do it and save yourself any further headache.

91 posts about a very simple issue. Srsly. :wow:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_microhd_hd400.htm

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  12. Jakub

Jakub Member

How much cables i need? Probably 4x trs right?

13. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Yep - two from the interface to the behringer box, and another two from the box to your monitors.:wink:

14. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

do you have anything else connected to the monitor (display monitor) like an antenna?

15. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

Ground loop check your house cables and devices replace the psu on the pc with more expensive one to filter the current from the wall your pc monitor may add noise to the electric circuit eliminate one by one usually the problem lies in the wall electric my house had terrible electric wiring unit proper wiring is done sensitive audio equipment will pick up the interference maybe you noticed if you touch metal part of an connected to the wall audio equipment like the pc case if is metal or plug the buzz gets lower or disappears

16. Jakub

Jakub Member

No I keep it separated...

17. Jakub

Jakub Member

I think my psu is pretty good... sounds complicated, what you wrote. I will try balanced cables and behringer box to reduce buzzing and annoying noise... thanks for help but i think this will fix my problem...

18. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Do you have the possibility to borrow another stationary pc and plug it in the same electrical output as your new pc? If the other pc has the same problem it's probably something with the electricity in your house and could maybe point you in the right direction. If not, then it's probably something with your pc. I guess that electricity in buildings in Slovakia has a lot in common with buildings in Czech Republic. When I lived there the electricity in my building was awful, even though the building was newly renovated! All of the electrical ouputs was connected to the same circuit (except for the bathroom, WTF?) and the lamps usually flickered when I turned on the toaster, kettle etc. Things are not much better here in Sweden though, at least if you live in a old af house.

19. Jakub

Jakub Member

Unfortenatelly we dont have home any PC desktop right now, but i know where are you pointing... maybe its the electricity, but it can be fixed by using those trs cables maybe not... if not i will buy behringer box which will cancel buzzing noiser or bad signals from eletricity, i dont think i have any other options... if those both things will failed than i will be trapped...

20. threes

threes Newbie

Don't know why you ignored my simple and inexpensive fix.
    Go to Amazon and look for three to two plug adaptors (cost about $5). Plug your 2 three prong monitor cables into the adapters. Plug your 2 two prong adaptors in and immediately problem gone.
    3s