HELP! Problem with Speakers

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Jakub, Jan 16, 2021.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

That's what I'm thinking too. They probably messed up the cabling on the MB (or the BIOS setup).

2. Jakub

Jakub Member

Are you sure that its problem with pc? Cause its just problem with external graphic card. Besides that PC is running good, i think.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

:woot:

4. Jakub

Jakub Member

i meant sound card

5. Jakub

Jakub Member

But sure i will contact them and ask them.

6. tragediana150

tragediana150 Newbie

I had the same problem with my focusrite and krk monitors. I suppose that the problem is your dirty electricity. Notebooks, laptops, macbooks are using external battery (sometimes even if you are charging at the moment) so the electric sinus is still clean. I tried balanced XLR and TRS and it didn't help me. Some of the buzz/hiss was gone but still I heard every "movement" of the electricity (LAN connection, gaming, mouse moving etc.). The only way to clean your electricity is UPS. Buy the cheapest UPS on the web and connect powercable of your PC and powercables of your monitors to UPS. You will see that the strange sounds gone :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Jakub

Jakub Member

Sounds good i will try this one too...

8. nctechno

nctechno Kapellmeister

now that you said the sound is changing when the system is put on load i'm even more sure that you have to get balanced cables because i got the same problem when i use single ended cables. just get them they are under 10 bucks each.

9. Jakub

Jakub Member

Yeah, I ordered those cables so I will reply than if its get better or not... also I will try that ups backup, i hope it will resolve my problem...

10. PrettyPurdie

PrettyPurdie Guest

in the video it sounded like your harddrive was also vibrating

11. threes

threes Newbie

Hi,
    Had annoying speaker buzz too for a couple years until I used a 3prong to 2 prong plug for both active KRK monitors. Loving the silence since!

Could someone please send me a pm for sister site - I can't log in anymore after forgetting my password.

Cheers,
    3s

12. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I agree with @doctorG and @bluerover. This is a hardware problem.
    This type of noise is electrical interfence or bad grounding or both. You can hear the PSU and fans working, perhaps some hard disk too ? lol. So you either have a really bad power supply which needs replacement and/or whoever put this pc together, screwed up the build. Returning the pc to the builder and demanding a fix, is the right thing to do.:) Especially if it's the psu, working with a faulty psu you are running the risk of damaging more than one components in your comp.
    Cheers and i hope you sort it.

13. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

It sounds like your new computer (built by third party) could be missing the original MOBO drivers. They usually get installed right after windows is done being installed and before anything else is installed to ensure that everything is functioning properly on the MOBO end.

14. Klefths

Klefths Ultrasonic

Did you check for ground loops?
    Best way is to stick plastic tape on the speakers earth plug to see if it gets better.

15. Jakub

Jakub Member

So much replies, that idk what to do :D ', i guess i will star with contacting company which build my pc, than cables and upc...

16. Jakub

Jakub Member

Gonna try it in 30 minutes and let u know...

17. Jakub

Jakub Member

I hear you but if I plug normal earphones, than i dont hear any bad sound and everything is ok... it should be problem somewhere else or? I think that balance cables or upc could fix that... cause problem is with external sound card and with pc...

18. Jakub

Jakub Member

Will ask about it too..

19. Jakub

Jakub Member

Didnt get better... nothing changed :(

20. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

About your cabling situation.....

These are affordable TRS cables with decent shielding (the CHEAPEST example from my list below).

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Preminum-Braided-Balanced/dp/B07PHT6XD3/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kirlin+trs+cable&qid=1610912316&sr=8-4&th=1

This is what I use (Mogami W2549), but it's more expensive and you PROBABLY won't even notice a difference. But the shielding is top-notch. Zen Pro will build them for you a bit cheaper that buying pre-fabbed Mogami :

https://www.zenproaudio.com/mogami-premium-cable-10ft-trs-gold-neutrik

Another higher-quality option that I would recommend is to let REDCO build for you. You'll have MANY more cable and connector options to choose from. Again, it's cheaper than buying pre-built Mogami from Sweetwater, etc.... (try Belkin cable with Neutrik TRS male connectors)

https://www.redco.com/Custom-Cable.html

Honorable mentions : Vintage King (any of there 3 tiers of cable. Their "Gold" tier is comparable to Mogami W2549 type cable. Although their lower 2 tiers of cable are also very good.

https://vintageking.com/recording/accessories/cables/vintage-king-audio-cables

Or, you can roll your own cables if you're good with a soldering iron. - Much much cheaper!

Studio setup 101, if you can setup your studio with the proper type of cabling from the start, then do it - always, or at least, whenever possible.

When I was 17, I didn't think about cabling; was using cheap RCA connector cables from AUDIOMEDIA III to Kyocera stereo tuner; TS in place of TRS, XLR to TS for dynamic mics.....it was a mess. But, I was focused on having fun. These days, the knowledge is out there and everything is affordable, so do it right the first time so you don't have to back-track.....and just have fun!!

Bonus points : Mogami has lifetime warranty

Good luck :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021