HELP PLZ! Arrange a Reaktor sequence synth in Ableton Live

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by maxim110, Sep 8, 2013.

1. maxim110

maxim110 Newbie

Hi all you masters there,

I tuned a sound in Vierring (a sequence synth in reaktor 5 ), this sequence synth is triggered when you run "play" in Live or any host DAW.

My question is that is there a way i can program any midi data or something in a midi clip or set some button to trigger this synth?

e.g. i want the Vierring start to run after the intro of my song, and stop after a while.

How can i program that into a whole song as part of the arrangement of the program flow? or into clip?

now what i can do is to mute or unmute this track to let the sound jump in the middle, and i don't want to record it into a wav file, i want to tweak the knobs when im doing live.

im such a newbee in reaktor , help me plz if you have any idea.

Thank you very much~

3. angie

angie Producer

This is an interesting topic! Now I have no time to experiment.. Maybe you can edit Vierring and substitute the start and stop module with something controlled by midi. Few hours later I will try, I hope that someone will resolve your problem in the meantime.. :bleh:

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Clip automation and dummy clips.

5. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

auto mate bypass/cut off/filter/volume/

whenever you click a knob/slider on ableton, if your on the arrangement view. You can see on the right side near the plugin name that it changes name, just click there to set it up and make dots on the line.. It's been awhile that i use ableton, i can't remember exact way/area. :X

Another way is to make a clip, in the arrangement mode. select the area that you want the clip to be. Right click and "create midi clip".
    P.s. In order to get midi clip option when you right click, Make sure you hit the arrangement thingy on the top right corner. It lights up when you press play on clip mode.

last option as you know, record it audio

6. maxim110

maxim110 Newbie

thanks guys for your ideas.

thank you angie, your method could be the ultimate solution, i'm trying to learn to program in reaktor, it's bit deep but alot of fun and fundamental knowledge.

This is not a normal seq-synth, it's only triggered by running the DAW, it dose not need any midi signal to trigger it, the midi note patten stores within the synth, so i dont think dummy clip works.

Thanks for the automation ideas, that's what i been using currently.

Simply because my MBP is a 2.66 GHZ core 2 duo CUP, when i run the program this track added a lot processing pressure, that's why i wonder if there is a solution i can trigger it another way , now it runs since the beginning, and i set the automation of the volume and pitch to let it appear and tweak the sound.

record it into audio is good when make this song, how before find a solution, i'll just let it run and mute this channel when im doing live :thumbsup: :dancing: