help needed - latency issues with UVIengine (plugsound vst)

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Yurik, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Yurik

Yurik Newbie

hey guys,

as stated, i have latency with the plugsound vst when i run it on my laptop. asio4all works fine, but using the windows sounddriver will give me delayed response in the plugin -

does anyone know a remedy for this ?

i know that the UVIengine / plugsound sampler is quite old and not too compatible with FL Studio, but i really use it quite a lot for sketching down ideas,
    also, the latency compensation in the mixer doesn´t quite work the way it should be, or maybe i´m just a dunce, heh.

so any suggestions would be totally appreciated.... thx

edit : oh, in case you´re wondering, i often sketch down stuff on my laptop and refine it later on my music making pc, which has an external asio interface.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

have your tried running it with WASAPI ?

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

just bounce it, or bounce it in Studio One (PDC it's great)

5. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

In FL Studio, you should be able to call up the ASIO and driver and tweak the number of samples/latency down some, but how far depends on what plug-ins you are using, and a few other things. Really, there are only so many work arounds for data transfer speeds without upgrading the hardware. FLStudio is in my other computer, and I have not used it in a while, but I remember running the number of samples down until things started to crackle, then give it back a few. And I am sure there are support tutorials/videos out there now for this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPxIk-nJvT0 Searched FLStudio Tutorial and found this.