[Help Needed] Kontakt: Batch Re-Save issue - This instrument belongs to a library

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sillytune, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

I'll post the question here with as much detailed description as i can,
    Do note the following i've checked other topic that's on this forum which tackles the "similar" issue
    Result isn't fixed,

Now - what the hell am i talking about?
    Follow:
    I've batch-resaved a library in kontakt [Cinematic studio solo strings]
    But after some time i've deleted it, just to re-download it again, this time however it used different NICNT
    And i've been getting the "Instrument belongs to a library that's currently not installed" since.

However here's the catch:
    I've checked the LibraryHints.xml in service center, there's no issue regarding the past SNPID numbers, i've also deleted registry on what i could find regarding this library.
    I've also deleted the whole damn thing, and re-downloaded it again, same thing happened.

Then i've decided to do a test:

I've batch re-saved a library that i didn't care about, and removed it from kontakt, then i've deleted it NICNT number, and made a new one under new ID,
    Same thing happened: instrument belongs to another library

So my question is - how do i fix this problem?
    The issue's clearly with batch-resave
    Is there any specific XML that i need to target, or is this something else entirely?

Kontakt version: 6.1.1

Need as much replies as i can get, tnx in advance.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

It made no sense to open a new thread with similar issue because now, members could start suggesting the same thing as in the other. Another thing, is that error message complete or you just shorten it? Finally, you don't even mention what OS is it that you are using or the Kontakt version. Those are 3 good starting points.

4. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Actually it made perfect sense to make a new thread, considering the other thread had an issue in which the problem wasn't with batch-resave, but with SNPID XML missmatch.
    - As for the error message, i've shorten it, but i believe that's pretty obvious m8

I agree though with OS/Kontakt version, though that doesn't matter much tbh considering this has everything to do with batch-resave.
    Kontakt version: 6.1.1

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

OK.

6. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

I don't get why do you believe it's caused by the batch resave when you also mentione that you were later trying to add the library again with different nicnt. It's also not clear if you just changed the SNPID code to the previous one in the newer nicnt (which can pritty much cause this error as it can contain other hidden codes related to the patches) or brought back the previous nicnt.

Did you clear the related line in regedit? And the xml tthat you deleted was named with the library?
    I think this same issue has been covered in several other threads.
    And what about adding it in portable version?

7. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Give it a test yourself you'll see.
    - Find a random library that you can use as a test,
    Batch save it inside kontakt, then remove library from kontakt, delete its NICNT [Remove from reg as well], then add a new NICNT, and try to add the library inside kontakt again
    You wont be able to use it, the error mentioned in title will happen.

The other 2 thread are JUST about NICNT mismatch in XML service center, that's not the issue here as far as i can tell.
    Batch Re-save does something to the library, and i don't know what yet.
    The only XML that i have found that has the list of all libraries is in Service Center, if anyone has idea on where else i can find it, do let me know.
    Also as for the registry, i've deleted what i could find regarding to the library
    What is it that you delete or modify yourself in reg, give me full pathway.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  8. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Delete the folder for the library from these two locations in regedit:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Native Instruments

9. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Aye, did that already though, still the same issue..

There're couple of things that could be wrong but in order for me to test that would require me to do a super clean slate and i cba to do that atm tbh.
    [The only thing that worries me is that batch-saving library without saving the NICNT for future kontakt instalations or simply for testing library purposes "adding/removing in-out" will make you fucked for good by adding some hidden reg or xml files that 're in who knows what places]

If you want to test this more for yourself and see if you can come up with something
    Do what i've mentioned above.

Step 1: Find a library that you couldn't care less about
    Step 2: Add it to kontakt
    Step 3: Batch re-save it
    Step 4: Remove it from kontakt
    Step 5: Test first with not deleting the NICNT but just adding it again
    -- If library works [instruments can be played/error doesnt pop up] fuck yes, we know its NICNT then --
    Step 6: For additional testing of what the fuck it does to NICNT, delete the original one, and make a new nincnt with either new same id or new one
    Step 7: Add library back in
    Step 8: I bet my left testicle error'll pop up
    Step 9: :// somehow fix

Anyway i'll fuck around with when i can, i'm really curious on to see on what the actual fuck 's going on with this.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  10. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I don´t use to read these posts but this time was simply curiosity. I´m not sure if I did understand what you describe.

Only one question: why a different SNPID? For Cinematic Studio Solo Strings is P16. Do you want to change the SNPID? Change what you want. But library will never work again if you don´t know how to unlock. If downloaded a different version somebody did something wrong before than you.

Of course, batch resave is not concerning to your issue.

And you can re-register a library in Kontakt. You don´t need to delete ANY key on windows registry. There´s something called overwrite. Only need to delete xml file in Service Center. Nothing else.

Also as simple curiosity, I just did a batch resave on that library right now. Before and after, it works OK. Because is the right version. No SNPID changed.

DURING batch resave:

[​IMG]

AFTER batch resave

[​IMG]

As easy as download a right copy.

11. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

There're certain libraries that don't work with home made nicnt file. If you delete the original one, you can't replace it with a different file. Even without having done batch resave.

12. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

woahmeygawd! i didn't know cinematic synth fx exists... just checked out the libs and it has the sounds i've been looong searchin for :crazy::crazy::crazy:

kudos to @celtic3342 and thanks for creating this topic @Sillytune :shalom::shalom::shalom: (p/s: sorry off-topic i wish i could help-out but i've no idea) #peaceout #tothebatmobile #yihaa

13. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

I'd like to test this, i tried PMing you in hope that you can point me in right direction to download the right copy, but you have the limit on who can view your profile :/ i'm not sure i'd be breaking some forum rules if i just asked here?

The ones that i've downloaded had faulty nicnt and i've had to make a custom one.

Also to answer the question on why different SNIPID
    Lets say you downloaded a library to test, and it required that you made homemade SNIPID, and then you did a batch-resave
    But decided for some reason to delete the library, and you've lost it's SNIPID [can't remember which number you put]
    And then decided to re-download library for additional testing because you missed something
    [Replace you with i, and you'll get a giggle]
    But then you can't remember what old snipid was so you use a new one that's available, that's why

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  14. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

why to download again? fix that .nicnt

Code:
    <ProductHints>
      <Product version="8">
        <UPID>cf6a2ce5-a085-4f14-91a4-e7c0e11f642d</UPID>
        <Name>Cinematic Studio Solo Strings</Name>
        <Type>Content</Type>
        <RegKey>Cinematic Studio Solo Strings</RegKey>
        <SNPID>P16</SNPID>
        <AuthSystem>RAS3</AuthSystem>
        <Relevance>
          <Application minVersion="5.6.8" nativeContent="true">Kontakt</Application>
          <Application minVersion="2.6.5" nativeContent="false">Maschine</Application>
          <Application minVersion="1.8.2" nativeContent="false">KKontrol</Application>
        </Relevance>
        <PoweredBy>Kontakt</PoweredBy>
        <ProductSpecific>
          <HU>62318387F9B14750DBF6DA8E920161E7</HU>
          <JDX>C27C213AA9075B2F91D6AC2F387745A25491C3FD53CA3EC9C258B60C6B83231B</JDX>
          <Visibility type="Number">3</Visibility>
        </ProductSpecific>
        <Company>Cinematic Samples</Company>
        <NKSEnabled>true</NKSEnabled>
      </Product>
    </ProductHints>

2. and in
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center" or your portable folders location

not only check LibraryHints.xml again and delete entry for that lib before trying to readd,

3. also delete the librarys xml there for your library too. pretty sure that is also a major threat in your specific case...

then.. try to readd lib, all should be fine again after a kontakt restart

15. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Gotcha, 'll give it a shot 'n 'll post reply later on, tnx bud

16. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Fixed, works thanks man!

17. nono01

nono01 Newbie

Hi everyone. I have the same issue with Spitfire Symphonic Strings and i don't have LibraryHints.xml. I've checked my all drive.

18. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

What same issue exactly?
    Do you have the .nicnt file for the library? If so, what is the SNPID code in it? It should be 031