Help me with keyscape cant see it in omnisphere 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by navil, Dec 20, 2016.

1. navil

navil Newbie

Hello I installed Omnisphere 2 works fine I downloaded keyscape I cant find it in omnisphere as I put folders in steam folder , I would i apreciate your help I spend hours trying to find out but nothing yet

3. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Klick in Omni DIRECTORY: All Spectrasonics and then a window opens where you can see all loaded libaries. There you can find Keyscape.
    Or try the patchbrowser. Or try search functions maybe Yamaha or Keyboards. But important is that Folder Keyscape is on top in STEAM folder.
    Or try to refresh Librarie

4. navil

navil Newbie

I put the keyscape folder right after steam folder , and how do you referesh library??

5. cas

cas Noisemaker

To refresh click the circular arrow below the browser

6. titrin

titrin Newbie

Hi Navil! I had the same problem days ago and spent hours and hours tryng to make it work .... And at last I succeed! The main issue is in the right placement of the folders. Here's the solution (at least worked for me - PC, Windows 10 64 bit): STEAM\Keyscape (with all his subfolders - Defaults, Documentation, Settings Library, Soundsources) \Soundsources\Factory\Keyscape Library\Keyboards. In this last folder (keyboards) you put directly the single instruments .db (you can put here all the keyscape instruments or else choose the ones you like), and it WORKS! If you follow this folder chain (create the ones missing if you need so), I'm sure it will work for you too ...

7. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

First i believe you are not the first one that has problems finding the STEAM folder. THE RIGHT ONE.. Even though there is only one its very easy to choose the the wrong one especially if you havnt installed it on a second drive.

But its very easy to find where the STEAM folder is located. Once you open up Omnishere click on the Spectrasonic logo (upper right).. To the left you will see a Diagnostic buttom. Press that one. It will take awhile for omni to go through all parches and so on so dont worrie. Once its done you will be able to see on the bottom center where your STEAM folder is located.

Then place Keyscape after the instructions you got with it. Just be sure you have the latest updates etc as people have been written earlier.

Now you should be ready to go..

Vaijj

8. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

When you load Omnisphere your versions should match these specs:

Instruments
    Omnisphere Software 2.3.1
    Omnisphere Soundsources v2.0.1c
    Omnisphere Patches v2.3.0c

If you are not updated to those versions you have to update in order for Keyscape to show up and work properly in Omnisphere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Since there is not enough space on my SSD where I have Omisphere Steam folder I wonder Is it possible to place keyscape on a different drive without moving the whole Steam folder to a slower disk?

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This is what a friend of mine did to get his working:
    First you have to remove all db's from their folders
    And then delete the zmap.index file to allow omni to refresh the settings after that you're all good

I ended up reinstalling omni from the original r2r/dynamics release and updated it to get it working here. I didnt know about this trick then.
    I installed it right over my non working version So I didnt loose my expansions. I did have to reinstall all the 3rd party (auditory/plugin guru...ect) libs though.

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Try making an alias/symbolic link. I seem to remember having to do that for the original omni 1.* Maybe because you couldnt change the default folder? It was long ago. Try it make a link for the keyscape folder

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

No problem, but you must put the whole STEAM folder on external disk. Then make an Alias and delete .alias!!! Then put the folder STEAM
    without .alias to same place where you had installed the other STEAM folder. Btw it is crazy but STEAM must be written in uppercase letter
    when you named it Steam nothing will happen. Good luck.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Is Keyscape actually out in the wild?

14. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

:yes:

15. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Yes, the rhodes and wurlies in it sound better than any ive ever heard in a lib.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Yes i love that sound too.

17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yes, u can make a symlink (ie) of the Keyboards folder (if ur using win) and then perhaps move ur favorite keyboards (ie .db files) to ur SSD, and make individual symlinks to the db files. Just make sure u don't make symlinks inside other symlinks. It can be a bit complimacated getting ur head around it, but it rly is worth googling it & experimenting - it has many other uses. Or use smthn liek Link Shell Extension. Ur essentially just making shortcuts, so if anything goes wrong, u just delete the link. Just don't cross the streams, cos that could be bad. Apparently.

18. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

19. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Thanks for suggestions subGENRE and famouslut

20. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@mrfloyd
    So you put the folder where you want it on a different drive, this will be the source. Then use this utility to select the folder you moved as source and then the target will be where you moved it from.
    You will see the contents populate in the target folder, These are the symlinks. To disable them just delete them, but leave the source files alone. These are the actual files/folder.

Without having to clutter up you context menu with something you might not use often enough

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  21. whatsdown

whatsdown Newbie

My Omnisphere Software and Soundsources are up to date. I can't get the patches to 2.3.0c, any idea what might be wrong?
    I installed it, tried patching the component/vst files but all i get is: Failed patching.