Help me remember

Discussion in 'PC' started by lampwiikk, Feb 29, 2012.

1. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

A while back there was a topic posted about programs that automatically shut down all non essential programs running on your computer to conserve memory and processing when you are using your DAW, but I can't remember what the topic was or what to search for? Can anyone point me to that thread, or to some program that performs that function? Thanks

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Gamebooster is the program.

4. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Thanks, checking it out now

5. mile15

mile15 Producer

Best for this is program "TuneUp Utilities 2012". This program have one good function - process deactivator. Gamebooster is not that good !

6. bassmandro

bassmandro Newbie

seems quite interesting although I think it would be better to use a dedicated system in one partition with only the essential programms running.
    BTW is there anywhere a guide to the essential services and optimizzation for DAW?

7. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

milosevic good shout.

8. lukie

lukie Newbie

Here's a link for good tweaks for all Windows Os.

Make sure you backup before tweaking

BlackViper

9. Evil_Burrito

Evil_Burrito Newbie

*If and only if* you have patience and a good understanding of how windows works Lukie is correct. Blackviper has lots of useful information on windows processes and services. I do not recommend any programs that promise to make your computer 'faster'. If you really gotta have one for whatever reason, get tuneup utilities.

If you are using Ableton Live 8, it has a built in tutorial about optimizing :wink:

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

+1 for the process deactivator in tuneup utilities. it will shut down your idle and inactive processes. Its takes some combing through ALL the pages of settings to get it running right, but its actually a decent all in one tuner app. I still do go in the process tab in the windows task manager and manually disable all non daw processes when im music makin though. :wink: