Help Me Out With Chicken Translator Plz!!

Discussion in 'PC' started by juboh, Aug 24, 2011.

1. juboh

juboh Member

Hi, guys!! I'm tryin to convert WAV file to Kontakt but everytime it finishes convertin i had to press ok. I've got about 500 WAV files to convert so is there an easy way of doin it? I've looked at the options & format options tab but i couldnt find anythin!

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

why not try extreme sample converter or cdxtract i think they better than translator i like sample converter better than cdxtract but thats m.h.o

4. juboh

juboh Member

I've tried that!! But everytime i tried to convert WAV file with Extreme Sample Converter i get a message saying " Sample to Patch Conversion is not supported yet!" Whatever the hell that means!! :dunno:

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

hmm i found it better to convert in kontakt directly - i dont know if u have any supported files included like exs - but that worked for me better as any sample converter - ok its faster but i saw that the converters couldnt translate teh layers well - which is sometimes a pain in the ass ...

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Juboh, what exactly do you intend to achieve?
    In case you'd like to end up with nki, you'll have to do some sample mapping because Kontakt otherwise won't know how to place all those 500 wavs.
    Are velocity layers involved maybe? What's the key range?

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

If you don't have time to read and try examples step-by-step, do a search for Kontakt videos (tutorials). There is one especially for mapping in Kontakt.

One is by Groove3 'Kontakt Explained'
    Another is Mac Video 'Native Instruments 205'. For Mac but the Kontakt interface should be the same..

Kontakt is something you must learn if you wnat to use it properly. Just the basics take you a long way.

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Or ask video kontakt 2 tutorial this is very long but effective and with very detailed descriptions but i don´t like the english overdub voice.

It´s better with sublines then an overdubb i think.

The lips are moving but the sound isn´t synced and if i remember you can even here the german original voice in the background.

Do you want to convert 500 wav files to 500 nki files or what? i simply dont undserstand.If so you have to convert them file by file
    Usually you have a number of wavfiles and then mapp them to some keyboard notes and then save as nki

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Chickensys Suxx, buggy piece of ****

10. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Strange that most of you say that Chicken System sucks when it's what Native instruments uses as it's proprietary converting software, Translator is already built into Kontakt