Help Me Find An Old Absynth 2 Preset

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nostalgia_Rocks, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Nostalgia_Rocks

Nostalgia_Rocks Kapellmeister

Hi guys,

Sorry to bother but I actually have a problem I can't seem to solve on my own. You see back in the early days say 2004, there was a really cool saw sound that can be found under Absynth 5 legacy called ''dirty saw'' now I am using Absynth 2 because in my view the sound is a bit different or raw sounding in my opinion.

The problem is, when I try and look for the preset dirty saw under Absynth 2 it is nowhere to be found! Why? I'm pretty frustrated looking around for it. I have gone through almost all the .glo's preset by preset and cannot seem to find it. If anyone knows what the original preset name or what .glo it can be found in that would be cool.

-Thanks.

3. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

@Nostalgia_Rocks Here is the Complete library in which DIRTY SOUNDS can be found. You need to place it here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds\Absynth Legacy\Absynth Sounds Vol. 1\

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

4. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

In order to find it once it is install open Absynth go to Browser, press the SOUNDS tab and you will see it.

5. Nostalgia_Rocks

Ok, thanks but I am specifically looking for the absynth 2 version. What I mean is I would like to open the original preset that shipped with absynth 2 not 5. I can't seem to find it with just absynth 2. I can find the absynth 5 version. But again thanks for the speedy response.

6. crecy

crecy Rock Star

I checked out the 13 .glo banks on my Absynth 2 and could not see it either. It seems that .glo banks are not used since Absynth 4, they can be imported into Absynth 4 or 5, but the new .nabs files cannot be imported into Absynth 2...

7. Nostalgia_Rocks

yeah this totally blows. been looking for a few weeks now on and off..eh, its a conspiracy. its just not there. :wink:

Would it be from an expansion sound set .glo? i already tried looking through all the absynth 3 presets too. this is nuts.

Maybe its from that ''84 absynth banks'' or whatever it was called pack. i should fire up my other pc and see if its in one of those banks.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  8. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Don´t be such a perfectionist, just find a saw that you like and make it dirty with some of the plugins that you have. Shure it shall be more satisfactory. Good luck.

9. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

@Nostalgia_Rocks You dont see it because it was not part of Absynth2. It was included in Absyth Sound Vol. 1 Sonic Expansion. I have Absynth 2 and 3 looked at every sound and it is not there. If no member has what you are looking for try asking these users here https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/absynth-users/info

BTW you can always use it in Absynth 5 and process it to get some of the grittiness from Absynth 2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Hey some of you Absynth friends now I´m in trouble. Tried to open the synth in my daw, motivated by this thread, and the dlls have vanished from the vst folders, maybe some issue with the HDD. If any of you could pm me these files would be great. Standalone is working perfect, I just need the Alchemy 5 Stereo 5.3.1 dlls x32 and x64. Would appreciate any help.

11. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

12. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Thanks for your reply Agent. I did what you said but found nothing, maybe because I only let Windows backup files whithin a month. And yes, it´s Absynth 5.3.1 rev. 1628. Cheers.

13. Nostalgia_Rocks

Ah, I knew it was something simple like that. No conspiracy just straight up forgetfullness on my part.
    Anyone have it here or should i buzz off?

I also found something interesting on my Absynth 2 search. I found the preset cym-bell cc1 is the exact same synth that Jesper Kyd used at the beginning of LockDown from Unreal Tournament III. Check it out its an awesome preset, and you'll probably recognize it right away. It is found in Factory Presets V1.glo its near the very end. I'm going to modify that preset for a track maybe..

Oh and here is something kida cool i made with the absynth 5 version using the old presets : the main lead actually is the dirty saw just a bit tweaked in hifi.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lm3jA38QR-AR6g0uRWm0raulplaWh7p0

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  14. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

@Nostalgia_Rocks As I said, your only chance is finding someone who may have it or using the one I sent you on Absynth 5

15. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Thanks for that little treat 007 :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Nostalgia_Rocks

Ya! Went through an old 2007 backup dvd. Hells 2 tha yes. I got the absynth MegaPack. It has all the 2002 expansions and presets .glo's that are basicly impossible to find on the net anywhere these days. If anyone wants to upload it to the sister site, lemmo know by private message only. I don't know how but I think that others would really like this mega pack to. I sure do. The sounds are so old school and awesome. They live the test of time.

17. Mythos91

Mythos91 Ultrasonic

Hey Nostalgia could you please PM me about this Megapack?

Thanks.

Mythos91.

18. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I hope it is not like some other mega packs which are just disorganized collections...
    And I mean totally fucked-up...not just the normal errors, but regrouped and moved by some moron (I assume it's the asshole who is selling the mega packs) and containing huge numbers of duplicates within the mega... And are mostly (all?) packs posted to sister site & other places.

I have gone through 2 of those and stripped them of duplicates and all that was left were crappy user copies of others' presets.

If one has no other presets it might be worth having, but if one has a bunch already I would not touch it.
    I found the "vendor" of those messy collections: Samples Depot.
    I realized I have a bunch of them still in my archive.
    Of course in many other preset packs one may find stolen patches ...
    Often where the thief did not even change the vendor info - LOL
    I tend to move those to a "- Collections" folder inside the presets folder and NOT into a normal vendor folder.
    Anyway, I'd be careful to not dump any mega packs or collections into a customized or organized preset library ...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023