Help - Kontakt librairies no longer show up in Big Sur - is there a XML creator?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by spncart, Apr 30, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

The way it used to work under Mojave/Catalina was pretty simple - you just needed to add librairies from standalone 5.6.0 and then they would show up normally in Kontakt 6 in Ableton.

Now most of them don't do that and most of them also give a SNPID value "000" in the .XML file in Service Center. Meaning they won't even be added in 5.6.0. And even if I update the .XML value with the SNPID value from the NICNT file, most librairies won't show up in both 5.6.0 and Kontakt 6 in Ableton.

My question is - has anyone managed to make these librairies work with M1/Big Sur computer? If so, what is their recipe to success, is there a secret formula somewhere?

I tried NICT creator (pretty useless), haven't tried Kontacted because I heard it's the same (and for 20 USD) nor SNPIDer which seems to not work either.

Examples of librairies not working:

- PULSESETTER - DETONATOR RAGE
    - SILENCE AND OTHER SOUNDS - ZITHERGEIST
    - SOUND DUST - SAXOMAPHONIUM
    - SOUNDIRON - DISCO 6000
    - SOUNDIRON - SICK 7 VOICES OF THE DEAD
    - VALIANT - QUARTARONE GUITAR REVERIES

Examples of librairies working:

- HEAVYOCITY - MOSAIC BASS
    - NI - WEST AFRICA LIBRARY

Also, could someone send me their version of Kontakt 5.6.0? Maybe I have a faulty one?

Much appreciated.

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

use v5.6.6 for installation.
    also you must install native access and log in your account.
    all mac kontakt versions earlier 5.6.6 didn't support working with new RAS3 crypto-algo.
    mac version 5.6.6 working through native access which create all files for libraries properly - that's why you muust install native access and log in your account.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. spncart

spncart Producer

Oh wow boss Talula thanks for the explaining. Would you mind sending me your 5.6.6 version in PM? I used to use it alternatively with 5.6.0 before changing computer but struggle to find a working version now. Much appreciated <3

Also duly noted for Native Access. I thought you precisely had to avoid installing and logging into Native Access? It used to make it work without Native Access before Big Sur as far as I remember... but okay my bad then, I will do that too.

5. spncart

spncart Producer

Okay never mind no need for Kontakt 5 anymore!

Solved with KiTTY's tool method! <3