Help - Issue with Delayed response to keystrokes

Discussion in 'Live' started by i05fr3d, Feb 18, 2014.

1. i05fr3d

i05fr3d Newbie

Hey guys perhaps you have run into this situation. I could use a little help as I have looked for a way to fix this problem.

So when I create a new synth sound from a plugin I run into the issue of the notes becoming delayed only when I save them from a different project and open them into a new one.

I usually run into this issue when I start a new live set then create the sound in that set then save them to a bank or preset. Then I go into my saved arrangement and load the sound into a midi track of its own. Now to be even more specific I am not recording the keystrokes or creating a midi arrangement (yet because the sound is delayed from the moment I hit the key). For example I press the key/note and the sound plays perhaps 20-30 ms after the keystroke so I have not tried recording this because it would be pretty freaking difficult.

anyways I am running Ableton 9 Live (cpu usage is at ~2% so that is not the problem as I am not playing the music I am just playing the notes to find something I like but cannot record because the audio is delayed)

Every time I try to look about this issue online I find that the only thing that pops up is the issue with automation delay compensation (which I have not run into yet).

I really like the sound I have created (I am also really tedious with sound creation so I spend around 2-4 hours on it and mapping macros and stuff) so I don't want to try to recreate them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I have tried saving the project and reopening it as well. :snuffy:

Edit #2: Also seems like everything in my DAW is lagged out by 20ms now… Including just pure audio stuff. FTW!!! Only in this singular project though.

Edit #3: After double checking its exactly a 1/4 of delay @128BPM

Solved. For some reason after inserting an instrument by loading in through able tons load feature in the synth plugins Ableton automatically turns on this stupid delay compensation in the options menu in the top menu bar. Figured I would let you guys know just in case anyone else out there was ripping their hair out. :thumbsup:

3. derp

derp Newbie

yeah for all you ableton live users, myself included, you're all in for a huge dissapointment when you try PDC lol...doesn't even PDC..

if only Live had sync-to-sync midi, then it would probably be a truly live platform, but it doesn't, and when you try to...just refer back to my initial comment...

4. i05fr3d

i05fr3d Newbie

external sync doesn't help with this? I don't know I haven't tried that yet.

5. derp

derp Newbie

alot of latency problems occur when trying to sync midi from one Live to another Live. You could do it using a clock and try to sync two different projects together, which works from a non-live performance stand-point...but when performing live...good luck keeping everything in sync...