HELP! How the **** do you disable Find my iPhone (without password)

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by Scarlett, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

So, my ancient dusty iphone 6 is linked to my very old apple id, the email used doesn't even exist.
    I googled the solution... spam spam spam and apps that say ok, we can do it but pay us 40 dollars, lol...
    Even some youtube videos redirect you to spam stuff...

I am trying to at least disable Find my iPhone so I can use iTunes on my Macbook and reset it or whatever (I downloaded like 3.5 gb to do so). But it asks Find my iPhone being disabled first...

And this iPhone still works great, so I want to use it after all...

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

your story has some flaws to it. you have a iPhone 6 which works but you do not have the passcode to it? How do you know it works?
    Or your Mac is wondering why you have connected the wrong phone to the computer? The IMIE probably doesn't match either?

Obviously you cannot just jailbreak the phone without the pin. Even something like Acid Rain will still prompt you for the pin, also. A Jailbreak is a Privilege Escalation attack vector, not a remote exploit. You have to have the initial credentials to start. Did it already have a jailbreak and SSH enabled? If you have to do lost password retrieval and can confirm the device belongs to you, Apple will call or email you with a new password. In about 4 weeks.

As I am shooting for Best Answer here, this is the best one. Sh*******tcan it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  4. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

there's only 3 'official' ways to turn off FMiP:

1. settings > name > Find my > toggle switch to 'off' and verify your apple id password
    2. go to icloud.com/find on a laptop/desktop cpu & sign in with your apple id & password, then remove the device from the account
    3. go to al-support.apple.com and submit an activation lock removal request, which will require the proof of purchase of the device you have

i agree with @clone; something in your post is off. did you forget the password? is the phone currently in activation lock?

5. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

I came here because I think, that we are a community.
    I am a no bullshit guy (or so I think).

Never mentioned passcode
    I mentioned "the email used doesn't even exist."

I can't even resuscitate the email account used (to create the apple ID) because I personally deactivated it ages ago, and I can't create a new one using the same name/nickname/address, because it's been deactivated.
    And when I even try to recover the password from Apple, the site says invalid email or something like that (again, maybe because it's been ages since I have used it).

I can use the iPhone just fine.
    But I can't install new apps, because it asks for the apple id password.
    All I can do is use the internet, use the apps installed, use its flashlight, lol.

I guess I will have to go to an Apple store or something.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't care where you bought it or got it. But Apple will. They take forever to do lost password requests for iTunes accounts. Like a month.

You are still filling in details, in your second post. it has nothing to do with someone being the owner or not. Its got to be about 5+ years old by now. If you are going to take it to an apple store, I'd try that first either way. But you might be able to Jailbreak your way past it, if you can indeed get to the home screen. Once it's rooted you can probably factory reset it yourself. It's really old to be finding files to do that with though. The 5/6 period of time was when George Hotz did a whole bunch of "rain" named exploit jailbreak releases. IIRC Lime Rain was delivery via http/browser to the device. You'd have to go look. google iPhone dev team. Maybe you will find something to help. But it is an older device.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  7. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

Thank you.
    Yeah, it's old but my main still is an iPhone 6s with a broken screen X) (using a different apple id).
    And it works pretty good still (though the battery sucks so much).
    The 6 plus looks great to me still.
    Still very useable.
    I refuse to buy a new one, because I have a Galaxy edge 7 or something like that, and works very well too, and screen doesn't break as easily.
    Mainly I use a cell phone for its flashlight (specially I connect it to my Macbook so it stays turned on all night, I like having a little light while sleeping) and for UBER.

Cheers (I think I am gonna bring it to an Apple store at the end... if they take a month to unlock it I don't mind).

8. coolbeanz

ohhh i think i know what the issue is, now that you've explained it that way.

either you're signed in to the app store with a diff apple id than the one you're using in icloud on the phone, or you downloaded apps with a diff apple id and can't update them without the password to that account its asking for. try deleting one of the apps on your phone and redownloading it. that usually works.

this is an old thread, but i hope OP sees this, or has remedied the issue already.

9. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

give it back Jamal

10. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

Thank you. I think that might have done the trick, but in my pursuing of a solution I fracked up and I don't know how I did it but reinstalled the iOS and I can't even put a password or something, it's stuck in the setup thing or something, asking for the proper appleid or something, too tired of trying stuff.

Also, bought 2 iPhone 13 mini (weird, life suddenly changed for the greatest for me).
    I went still to an iShop and asked about support and stuff and they told me their support is from the 7 version to date.
    That I just should throw it to the can... but... it's soooo big and beautiful still... (the 13 mini is awesome though).

Cheers.

11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

12. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I lost a password to an old appleID that was linked to defunct work email as well that I no longer had after I quit to work somewhere else.

I called Apple support by phone and after verification process and some ID checks they reset the password and then merged my appleIDs onto my new email. I regain access to all my iTunes purchases and apps that I had bought. Total time for everything was about a week.

Honestly, sometimes using the CRM and support systems offered is the easiest thing to do and Apple are pretty good at that. I know there are many companies where support is just a circular cluster fu!! and that may make many hesitant from even attempting the call, but I think this is one of the things you pay for when you buy an Apple product.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. coolbeanz

You're in Activation Lock.

all you can do is...

1. enter the Apple ID & password used to turn on Find My iPhone in that device, or...
    2. if you have another apple device using the same apple id as that one, go into settings on that other device & reset your apple id password. then you can sign in on the device you reset with the new password, or...
    3. go to al-support.apple.com & request activation lock removal.

more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023