[Help] Guitar Rig 3 s\pdif out from tascam to m-audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by adrian, Jul 1, 2016.

1. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

Please help me
    i have a problem with my old 32bit gear
    i go from Guitar Rig 3 on notebook Win XP Pentium IV with Tascam FW1804 s\pdif out to Cubase 5 on Intel 2 QuadCore Win XP M-Audio FW Solo s\pdif input
    Clock signal on M-Audio is ok (external, linked to Tascam clock, 48khz)
    Routing connections and monitor icon on Cubase 5 are ok (i think ...???)
    In Guitar Rig signal input is ok (monitor lead and monitor and earphone out)
    ... but i don't ear any on daw (Cubase 5) ....
    When i play with GigaStudio (from Tascam to M-Audio) is all ok, with Guitar Rig not!!! (i use Pentium IV for GigaStudio and some old gears (old hardware for old software ... vintage bits ...)
    Thanks ...

3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

If you are monitoring the correct input to a channel on your DAW, it should at least show on the input meter when the record is pressed for that channel. If not, you may not be assigning the correct input. You should be able to follow signal path from point to point. If there is an output from the Tascam, then that signal should be showing at the input of Cubebase. It's like the old days of following a signal path from place to place in sequence, but without the cables and hardware. But you should be able to meter or monitor everything along the way to see where the signal stops.

4. adrian

adrian Ultrasonic

thanks Rhythmatist, i solved .. problem was in routing configuration into Tascam control software.