help for link to controller pls

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by moiju, Aug 2, 2023.

1. moiju

moiju Newbie

hello!
    I'm new here and I just wanted to know something.. I'll try to be as clear as possible!
    I bought a footswitch to switch between different guitar plugins in the mix panel. My switch is recognized by FL, there is no problem with that, and I assigned several plugins with the "link to controller" command and it works!

my question is therefore the following: how can I do so that when I press switch 2 (
    knowing that plugin 1 is running), it deactivates plugin 1 and at the same time activates plugin 2?
    I don't know if what I'm saying is understandable? but if someone had the answer or wanted to help me, I'd gladly buy him a beer!

friendly, j

3. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

You'll need to build a patcher configuration that has the two plugins, with a Y switch either on the outputs or inputs (it won't really make much difference, but you might find some plugins will pop or crackle when switched one way and not the other).

Then link your footswitch to control that switch inside the patcher...

Then save it all as a patcher preset so you can use it in future.

edit: you make an audio switch in patcher using 2 'Fruity Balance' with the volume levels automated, then use a Fruity Formulae controller with the formula '!a' to invert the automation value that goes to one of the fruity balances.

There's almost certainly video tutorials you can find, it's a common way of achieving an audio switch.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023