FL 20.8 randomly went to into trial mode? Need Help!

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by flguy, Nov 6, 2021.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Hello everyone,

I had the newest FL 20.8 running with no issues until tonight randomly. I went to open a beat and it says I need to buy FL to open this beat as the beat saved as trial version. Of course it's the best beat I've ever made and a few people want to purchase it. Unfortunately, I only exported the wav and was going to go back in to export the track outs. I have no idea why this happened as it was opening FLPs with no issues until now.

What can I do to get around this and open this beat? I was thinking of maybe installing 20.7 on my D drive as 20.8 is on my C drive, and then trying to open it with 20.7 but I'm not sure if that would work, as it seems the trial information is saved to the FLP, and I'm not sure if having two versions of FL installed would mess with the registry and each other.

Before I start going crazy un and re-installing things, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I really need to get this beat open so I can export the tracks :unsure:.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3. Seecret

Seecret Ultrasonic

Try blocking Fl Studio on your firewall and then try patching it again before reinstalling it, or maybe if you are in a hurry try installing another version to get your beat ready for clients and then take your time solving this problem

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

"trial" data is not written to the project file. As soon as you have a working copy, it will open again fine.

Whatever version you were using either "Timebombed" or phoned home with an outbound connection past whatever firewall you are running. If it is time bombed, this is a delayed authorization check; and you will not get around it on your own. You will need another release.

5. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Thank you for that information. So uninstalling 20.8 with Revo and then using a 20.7 release that has a patch seems to be my best best based on your information.

6. iw

iw Producer

Depending on which version you saved it with, if it is 20.8, 20.7 will not be able to open it.

7. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Sheesh. Alright I'll have to uninstall 20.8 and reinstall.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

a silly trick that sometimes works to get around a delayed check is to change your system clock. it's not substitute for a proper release usually, but it never hurts to try.

if it is "phoning home", you will want your firewall to block the application specifically, but you can also edit your Hosts file to block any outbound traffic to whatever domain or IP address that you specify. There was a "windows version of little snitch" thread just recently where PC users discussed firewall software products like ZoneAlarm, Comodo, etc. Give it a good read over and resolve this possible issue anyway, if it applies. This is a common protection strategy and you will encounter it again.

9. DJK

DJK Rock Star

20.8 was not a proper release it uses a stolen reg file and thats why it bombed on you

10. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Tried changing the clock, no luck. I have all the hosts blocked in my host file from previous versions. It probably is something to do with the firewall so I will look into those programs.

I'm searching for the best way to uninstall FL with no remnants left. I've been using Revo, but do you know of anything better?

11. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Wrong. FL Studio writes a byte to the project file if any modification of its code timebombs.
    You can change that byte with a hex editor to get rid of the trial mode warning but if you do not,
    the project causes this trial message to show up even if after reinstalling the cracked FL Studio.
    This also happens while all your other projects work perfectly fine.

If you want, you can send just the flp file to me and I'll fix it for you or you grab a Hex editor and I'll show you what to do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

So you are saying that a version which clamps down on a "non-legit" user will modify a file? That's new?

13. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Yeah I was pretty sure I was right about the trial information being embedded in the FLP. I would really appreciate that. I'll PM you now!

14. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Doesn't matter if you're on win or mac, that 1 byte gets written anyway in cases like:
    not properly modified program code, an outdated or blacklisted regkey while fl is connected
    to the net, in the FL Studio trial version, ...

By changing that byte, you can also continue working on projects in the trial version of FL Studio.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Sometimes it does but mostly it doesn't because projects saved in updated versions aren't compatible with older versions.

It doesn't mess with the registry. I have 20 different versions of FL installed on my system from FL 6.0.8 to the most recent one
    and all of them work fine.

Yes, that's exactly what FL Studio does. There's a little trigger in each flp project file which indicates if the flp was saved
    in trial or licensed mode. They do that to motivate trial users to buy a license but they also use it in their protection (timebombs, etc.).
    In a properly cracked or licensed FL that trigger/byte is set to 01 but when using the trial, it's set to 00.

By setting it back to 01 in a hex editor, FL loads that project again as if it would've been saved in a fully licensed FL.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Yes this is correct, it is stored in Event ID 28. This document from image-line themselves has it. Jump to "FLP_Registered" on page 3. That is the event ID. Instead of a hex editor, FLPEdit is a much better and faster way to edit FLPs

upload_2021-11-6_10-23-0.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Quick guide:

Download FL Studio 20.8 (windows) from rutracker
    Unninstall your actual fl studio 20.8
    Install the FL Studio from rutracker
    Open the "FirewallRules.reg" Archive inside the patch folder
    Open the "FL_Reg_key...reg" Archive inside the patch folder
    add the line contained in Host Patch to your host file
    Go to documents, image-line, fl studio, settings, internet and delete everything inside this folder
    And finally replace the FLEngine.dll and FLEngine_x64.dll in your fl studio folder

I hope it helps

18. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

That's your opinion. I think the fastest way is the Hex editor. Just open it, change the byte and save = 5 seconds.
    But FLPEdit should be the more convenient option for normal users.

19. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I agree, FLPEdit will fail with FLPs automating tempo, swing etc.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  20. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

I have a related question:
    I am using the FL Studio 20.8 audiowarez (reg. to zhoupengfei) and it´s working very well (with firewall blocking connections). But I want to buy the legit version and use it without blocking internet access. Will there be any problems when I open projects in the legit version that I made with the cracked version?

21. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

You could always record each part in STEMS using some systemwide .wav recording or even using fl as a plugin in another daw

kick - 1st stem
    snare -2nd stem
    clap - 3rd stem
    bass-4th stem

you could install a h*cked FL version on another pc and open your project also , it would be enough to export even if its an ancient pc

juzz dont mess up the project .flp .zip or whatever you save it in , make it a couple of backups on usb stick,on your mobile ,dvd

yes def12 it will work perfectly ,

also keep in mind Image line has some black friday discount on FL studio $100 off All plugins edition $399 from $499 , upgrade from signature edition to full plugins $90 with a couple of kshmr pluginz and wav packs gift also