[HELP] Finished my first mix

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by skyrise, Oct 10, 2023.

1. skyrise

skyrise Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been making music on and off for the past 3 years but have never really completed a track. I always end up abandoning it in the mixing phase. However, I recently started a song a couple weeks ago that I have finished mixing.

It sounds good in my KRK's, my headphones, and in my car. It sounds okay when played next to a mastered reference track.

My question is do you have any tips or feedbacks on my mix. This is going to be the first song I ever release so I want it to sound it's best before I master it.

Thank you!

Since it's a beat purchased from online I'm only mixing my vocals not the beat. So please give feedback on the vocal aspects.

EDIT: I have also re-mixed and edited the link below to reflect the edits suggested by No Avenger & Demloc.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0tfu...s-V5.m4a?rlkey=w24899tjmvep6uxoagfrhl2a9&dl=0

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Yes, turn down the vocs/bring up the rest, ATM it sounds too much like a vocal recording with background noise. :winker:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Yep, sounds exactly as No Avenger said on my HD650. After you bring the rest up I would check those hats as well, they sound supermono and dead for a Trap track, Trap is about 808s and crispy hats. Try to widen them up and add some sparkle with some interesting rolls here and there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. skyrise

skyrise Newbie

Thank you!

6. skyrise

skyrise Newbie

I appreciate the feedback, thanks. In regards to the specifics of the instruments, I purchased a two-track beat and have only recorded over it, so I'm strictly mixing vocals.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List