Help! - Avid Artist Mix Controller

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by mercurysoto, Dec 24, 2017.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    First off, merry Xmas to all of you who celebrate it. Those who don't might understand the joyful spirit of these holidays. Anyhow, all the best to you all. now let me get on point:

I've been lucky enough to receive an Avid Artist Mix controller for evaluation. Amazing, right? Well, no. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to figure it out. I've read all posts on the Avid related forums but no dice. I got the EuCon software to install right; the damn machine is recognised by my system; Pro Tools validates it, but once I open a project, nothing at all happens. I've tried all the tricks: Static IP, a router and direct connection to my ethernet port in my Mac Mini, the right Set Service Order, and I've run out of tricks.

I'm on legit Pro Tools 11 on a Mac Mini late 2012. One thing I've observed is that the EuCon drivers mess up with my Bamboo drawing tablet, which serves as my multitouch mouse. I know it's not it because I also tried to make it run on my MacBook Pro late 2012, and the same thing happens (or doesn't happen, for that matter). I've also tried on Pro Tools 10 and Logic Pro X 10.1.3, nada. The vegas test shows the machine works as expected.

Any help will be appreciated.

Peace.

EDIT: I'm on OS X 10.9.5.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017