Help appreciated installing old purchased EastWest Symphonic Silver on new purchased Kontakt Mac

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MacLogicUser, May 26, 2024.

1. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Hi everyone,

New user here, I would greatly appreciate any help to get this working on my Mac Mini M1.

I own two purchased Kontakt 1.x (?) Mac versions of EastWest EWQLSO Silver and Pro XP libraries installed on a purchased Kontakt 2 (I believe) running on a 17 year old Mac Core2Duo to this day.

Now I wanted to install these libraries on a new purchased version of Kontakt 7 running on my M1 Mac under Logic Pro X.

This is even officially supported by Native Instruments (support.native-instruments[.]com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life), but does not work.

I have tried everything. Native Instruments support and website is a joke, and their discussion forum, too.

I have tried the library installer version 2, I have created a nicnt-file, which this old library does not have, I have repackaged the library as a new library version with the Kontakt 7 app. Nothing works.

Whatever I do, the library is not recognised in Native Access (wrong folder etc), therefore not correctly authorised, and thus Kontakt 7 always shows Demo, making the libraries unusable.

Do I have to install a separate, older, ehm, modified version of Kontakt, e.g. 5.6.6? Which one? How can I make Native Access accept the legitimate libraries?

Help greatly appreciated! Thanks

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Sometimes backwards compatibility only goes so far. Example: V3 of some plugin will load V2 presets, but will not load V1 presets. Sometimes the developer will create a conversion tool app. Like Kick2, so it can use V1 content in V2. I don't know offhand how far back Kontakt will allow you to go, but V1 certainly seems like a stretch. I think I would look into finding "modified" versions of the libraries in question, since you did already pay for them once. But you would also be able to read any comments from other users who have tried to get them working and what versions they used to attempt it. Maybe someone has a better answer, but I wouldn't really get my hopes up. More modern replacements will probably be higher quality sounds, if only due to more modern methods of sampling.

4. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply! The frustrating thing is that Native Instruments say specifically that these libraries are supported (support.native-instruments[.]com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life) and they even show up as authorised in Native Access, and I can display the serial numbers in my account. There is even a setting called legacy support. But when I point to the libraries, they are not accepted. I can however select the instruments in the Kontakt 7 file browser and they play just fine, however, always in demo mode and thus they time out after several minutes.
    So, yes, I have tried to get these silver libraries in a 'modified' version, but the only one that seems to be around is the platinum version with 112 GB, which is just far too huge for my liking, and I wouldn't even know how to download it and feel comfortable with that. I have used the silver library in several projects, and backward compatibility would be good.
    But the only instrument I really want is Steinway B, because that is my go to piano for everything. If there were a tool I could repackage that with, without non-authorisation making it a demo, it would solve most of my problems.

5. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

I ported the "Gold" version of EWQLSO to the Independence sampler, it works, and loads faster than the Kontakt version :guru:

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

Yeah, I believe this is one of those weird ones that has a tough time with modern Kontakt... as was created prior to the ninct/etc era...

There are a few like that that are just frustrating, as hey, usual nki's and whatnot I created on V1 of Kontakt will load in V7 etc.... but there are, iirc, and speaking loosely, like 5-10 of these that are problematic.

Perhaps I would use the KLU tool to try and create the assets Kontakt 7 needs in order to "see it"... I believe I have that version kicking around here somewhere, but I haven't installed it yet as have enough to cover those bases and I read the same things you are experiencing, so just kinda wrote it off... but it was a good library, and certainly still has validity...

But my suggestion would involve using k'd Kontakt and whatnot, and it sounds like you are running legit etc, and I wish I had better advice how to make the 2 copacetic, as I would hope there would be a solution...

7. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Hi! Would this be something that would work on a Mac Mini M1? Where can I find that? Is there a tool that makes Kontakt files readble for other samplers? That's all I would need, I have the legitimate samples.

8. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Hi! I have tried using the KLU Tool Version 2, but to no avail. The library actually still is quite good. If I only could free that Steinway B I would almost be happy.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Independence is a sampler in Samplitude. There is no Mac version of it. (this answer is for your first question).

I have never tried to unravel a Kontakt library. I'm on a tablet atm, (slow) or I'd go look. Check Convert With Moss. It deals with many audio format conversions, and I think Kontakt1 is one of them. iirc.

10. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@MacLogicUser I think so, I messed this thing so up so that these samples are unencrypted now :hifive:

11. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

(sorry, didn't want to spam, how does one delete posts?)

12. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

13. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

I there any chance the Steinway B Mix Samples would make their way somewhere? DM?

Just to clarify, this is my problem:
    20240526_220434~3.jpg

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Ah, thanks!

15. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@MacLogicUser My friend, this is only possible only for sample libraries in Kontakt 4 and below. I already explained how to do it on the forum, but then I deleted my account :shalom:

16. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Sorry for my confusion. Is that post still online? Do I need Kontakt 4? Is that compatible with Mac M1? I really don't understand. If you have the Steinway B mix in unencrypted form, can I get it somewhere to import in Kontakt 7?

17. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@MacLogicUser I know it's my secret, but Kontakt 4.0.2 could decrypt every library of this sampler version and below, unfortunately this is no longer possible for versions 5, 6, and 7 :shalom:

18. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Wow, ok, so I need to get Kontakt 4.0.2 for Mac somewhere and then re-save the samples? Or do I have to play the samples with Kontakt 4.0.2 under Rosetta emulation? Where can I get that version? So many questions, I know.

19. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

Yes, but these samples cannot be in Kontakt version higher than 4.02, I've already written it to you twice, it works only for older Kontakt libraries.

20. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

"As a response to earlier questions, the people who I knew who ran the cracked v2 and v3 kontakt versions could re-save the samples, then copy and paste the scripts by hand and then copy and paste the groups by hand to new NKIs on a new folder and end up with non encrypted libraries. It was a multi step process but it ended up giving them a fully unlocked version of what they started with. Many just wanted to be able to add extra scripting and such or wanted to not ever be reliant on NI to keep their software working. I should have thought that far ahead. If you have a version that will load any "Player encoded" library, you should be able to do the same."

(from: audiosex.pro/threads/decrypting-encrypted-library-samples-nki-possible.15842/#post-485409)

Can someone explain this to me? I have an uncracked version of Kontakt 2 or 3, so I could also do a batch resave?

21. MacLogicUser

MacLogicUser Newbie

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I have an old Mac running a legitimate Kontakt 2 or 3, does that help? The Kontakt libraries that I have are old, so that should work, or not?