Help and guidance needed

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by JTSD, Jun 9, 2021.

1. JTSD

JTSD Producer

A short idea that i work on, please give me some technical and/or inspirational feedback to complete. Or maybe throw in the trash bin instantly and move on ..

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I would not delete it. if anything, go back to it later. but don't just do more work to it for the purpose of doing more work to it, either.

I think you could maybe time stretch the main "don't stop" vocal phrase so it is not as staccato sounding. you have a few EDM sounding downrisers in there, which don't turn into anything or decrescendo/end anything. I'd get rid of them, or maybe just lower them some. they work better when you used them where the track is more filled out.

I only listened once though. it never hurts to take a break just because you aren't stuck yet. that's commonly the next phase :/

4. JTSD

JTSD Producer

@clone - Much appreciated, thanks!

My first intention was to create an EDM style production, thats why the down-risers are there, also drums and overall structure and arrangement are currently missing, so it sounds quite thin and flat. Maybe avoid EDM completely and follow the more current orchestral, accoustical genre which i don't know the category for.. The vocals are from a royalty free sound library that i thought fitted as "placebo"-vocals, thus the "song-title", but i plan to replace the vocals at a later stage and also write lyrics that fits, if i ever complete the song.