[Help] Akai Mpk249 is not sensitive

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by o0alvin0o, Mar 22, 2022.

1. o0alvin0o

o0alvin0o Newbie

A key on my midi controller is not sensitive. If I press consecutively 3 or 4 times, it will reponse 1 or 2 times. Everything works functionality excepts that key. And only that key have a weird sound when I touch, it like a rust sound.
    Is there a way to fix it? Can I use RP7 on it?
    Please help me, this device is out of warranty.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

since it is out of warranty, take it apart and take digital pictures of everything as you go. If you are comfortable.

I have a synth that has a bad key like yours, but it is one I do not use the keyboard for. There is one difference with mine, though. That key is identical to every other one; but you say yours makes a sound and mine doesn't. I mention this because if it is making a noise, it is 2 parts coming into contact with one another, most likely. It could be a part which has come loose, or what we call "Foreign Material" in manufacturing. (random junk inside somehow).

Pick the controller up and tilt it a bit. If something has come loose, or is an extra part; you will hear it rolling around inside the chassis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Polomo

Polomo Guest

bad idea
    https://www.selleys.com.au/products/car-care/lubricants-and-degreasers/selleys-rp7/
    • Metals
    • Steel
    • Iron
    • Copper
    • Brass
    • Aluminium
    • Magnesium alloys
    • Machinery
    • Rusted parts
    BUT clear no to plastic . (the worst thing that could happen, would be, that it can dissolve plastic and make everything worse. I never worked with rp7 so 0% sure what will happen)

On the inside, it will look like this
    upload_2022-3-22_2-47-50.jpeg
    In most cases, it's only dirt under the rubber contact points. (If you are really unlucky, it's a brocken key contact point)

the
    comes from the dirt underneath (or the brocken part).

If you feel skilled enough . Take the keyboard apart, clean (with something like Isopropyl alcohol only the PCB) it and this problem will stop.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. o0alvin0o

o0alvin0o Newbie

Thanks, I'll try it affer work.