Hello. Advise needed.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by R.S, May 21, 2023.

1. R.S

R.S Producer

Can anyone suggest a plugin or chain of plugins that lowers the volume on loud tracks and raises the volume on low tracks? SO that all tracks are have an equal volume lets say -14 LUFS.
    I'm using the latest Cubase Pro.
    Many thanks

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I don't quite understand the question. If it's a full multi track just use the fader ? if stereo track maybe Waves MV2 or Waves MaxxVolume

upload_2023-5-21_21-45-20.png
    upload_2023-5-21_21-46-37.png

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

HoRNet TheNormalizer.

You can also normalize clips in cubase directly, but i don't know if you can apply LUFS normalization

5. R.S

R.S Producer

Ok. I'm not looking for an compressor just the equal volume on all tracks. They are lined up in a single track one after another. The are all mastered final released songs but in a wide range of loudness through my monitors. ?? SO i need some sort of plugin of sofware that compares them, because i dont trust my ears on this one.... Thanx

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

No plugin can do what you ask simply because when talking about mastered songs, you need to calculate the average loudness of the entire song.
    Otherwise, the plugin will calculate the short term loudness (on a up to 2 seconds-long window) and you will end up completely messing up the macro dynamics of the song (will make the loud segments quieter and the quiet segments louder).

To preview the songs at the same loudness the best is to use an audio editor like RX or Acoustica (and many others) that can calculate the average loudness of the song and then you will manually gain those songs to have the same average loudness.

Or, depending on why you need to do this, you can actually normalize with the audio editor all songs to the target loudness value and then you can load them into your daw and they will play at a consistent loudness

Edit: it appears Cubase can do this process by itself (as No Avenger pointed out above) - that's the way

8. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

I think it also depends on how you want to do it.
    You could either decide for the loudest part in the Song or actually the average loudness

I would say that you are probably much better off by doing it by hand.

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I hope I haven't taken leave of my senses here, but don't you just want a brickwall limiter?

Just pick any of these:-

https://www.sageaudio.com/blog/audio-plugins/top-7-free-mastering-limiter-plugins

All free. On that list is Loud Max... that was the very first plug I downloaded (it's changed UI over the years but it works fine and is very easy to use). set output to -14db and raise the input to taste. It'll do the rest.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  10. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Respectfully, you are asking for Mastering services that use compression, EQ, harmonic energy control, and limiting.... so let's start there. I suggest iZotope Ozone with it's Machine Learning automated Mastering if you are insistent on a plugin. Your inexperience in this area will be more harmful if you attempt to do this yourself IMHO, thus automated Ozone or seek a Mastering Engineer. If you go for Mastering, find one in your area and attend the session and LEARN. Watch the process, take notes, ask limited but important questions as you can't hear (learn) and speak (teach) at the same time.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Free way: Drag songs over to the free Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (standalone version). Get the integrated LUFS value. Decrease volume of the track in Cubase to reach -14LUFS.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  12. R.S

R.S Producer

Why would I master the songs when they are mastered beforehand?? I don't understand your point.. Sorry

13. R.S

R.S Producer

I ended up using Adobe Audition and Wavelab to do the task.

14. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List