Helix Native 1.8 released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Zenarcist, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

New Amp Models in 2.80

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Stomp
    • Fullerton Nrm, based on the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (normal channel)
    • Fullerton Brt, based on the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (bright channel)
    • Fullerton Jump, based on the classic 1958 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe (jumped channels)
    • Grammatico Nrm, based on the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (normal channel)
    • Grammatico Brt, based on the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (bright channel)
    • Grammatico Jump, based on the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange (jumped channels)
    • Revv Gen Red, based on the red (gain 2) channel of the Revv® Generator 120
    • Ampeg SVT-4 PRO, based on the Ampeg® SVT-4 PRO

New Effects Models in 2.80

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp
    • Distortion > Dhyana Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on the Hermida Zendrive
    • Distortion > Heir Apparent (Mono, Stereo), based on the Analogman Prince of Tone (basically half a King of Tone)
    • Distortion > Tone Sovereign (Mono, Stereo), based on the Analogman King of Tone V4 (basically two Prince of Tones in one)
    • Distortion > ZeroAmp Bass DI (Mono, Stereo), based on the Tech 21® SansAmp Bass Driver DI V1
    • Distortion > Ampeg Scrambler (Mono, Stereo), based on the Ampeg® Scrambler Bass Overdrive
    • Filter > Asheville Pattrn (Mono, Stereo), based on the Moog® Moogerfooger® MF-105M MIDI MuRF Filter (with both MuRF and Bass MuRF voicings)
    • EQ > Low/High Shelf (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
    • EQ > Tilt (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original. Tilt is a subtle 6dB EQ that boosts high frequencies while simultaneously attenuating low frequencies (or vice versa). Great for quickly making tones a bit brighter or darker. The Center Freq parameter sets the frequency around which the boost and cut pivot

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Thnx for info

4. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I played Helix Native recently for about 1 day. I couldn't get a single realistic sound out of it. I don't know if the problem is the amps or the cab.

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

that's unusual. did you try third party cab IRs? (inside Helix or outside on another plugin)

6. Jake Newell

Jake Newell Noisemaker

I'm glad I'm a member here or I would have had no idea about this. Line 6 never contacts me to tell me anything.

7. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I think I didn't try external cabs. But good sound to me may have a different definition.

From released amp sims Mercurial Reaxis, and then Misha toneforge are the best. Although, I haven't tried STL yet.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Well, that's a good reference. Of course real amps sound better.
    STL HBenson sounds cool, but I can't give a solid opinion since I don't understand about real amps. Most people thinks sound pretty good.

9. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

helix = too much of everything. 350 amps , 11700 parameters to worry about. you want pure sound ? stl tonality , bx_rockrack, s-gear is the way to go.

10. babuk

babuk Producer

and Melda Prod MCabinet with decent IRs

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019