Heavier 7 Strings

Discussion in 'Software' started by safran5020, Mar 24, 2018.

1. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

Can you please elaborate, I think I missed that one "Strums" ???
    Which company? Do you have a link ?

2. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

3. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

Don't forget Orange Tree Samples stuff, their latest engine update really too things further in terms of realism. Check out Evolution Rock Standard. Tune it to Drop C in the settings and rock on.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Great job. If someone did a video with a bunch of metal musicians miming, 99.9% of people would not know there is a possibility they were not really playing it on an actual studio date.
    The metal style double kick and a really metal good kit sound makes it sound even more real in context with the style of guitar playing you have done.
    Well done. It's not my favourite music but I can appreciate when something is done extremely well and the author knows what they are doing.

5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Hey Buddy,

Vst that use high amounts of hard drive space I am extremely wary of, not because I don't have the space, or the inkling to download them, but I find unless it is an established VST (like Omnisphere) It's all just a waste of time and effort. ( I know there are some exceptions to that but hey that's just me)

I used Music Lab Les Paul Guitars and Pod 2 amps for this

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Probably not needed now but I bought a copy of this, and you actually gotta read the manual to figure out some of the "hidden" features.

1: you can duplicate the non-midi it does with a few tricks
    2: as suspected the effects aren't anything to write home about
    3: for duplicating and using it for out of premade status You need to actually know how to play guitar, understand articulations and such.
    4: There are hidden preferences
    5: Honestly I see this software having a place but more in coming up with idea's to start with.
    6: IMO even with work this software would be harder to pass off as real than a lot of others
    7: like a lot of guitar libraries You either need a midi sustain pedal or an emulator for using it's engine how it does with the premade's
    8: It's humanizing features aren't much to write home about
    9: the color scheme is ugly and a lot of the options are poorly grouped
    10: 8gig is more than this needs honestly. AME is 3.5 gigs, Shreddage 2 is like 1.9-2.2 gigs., V-metal is like 20 gigs but even loading a full v-metal setup in kontakt will take 4-5 gigs of memory per instance but the sound is worth it.
    11: ultimate for being something that would work decent for coming up with idea's it's not really worth the price tag on it when compared to other options.

I'd go on but it seems original author doesn't care much about it anymore and personally I can get Electric6ty to work better and it was NEVER ment to be used on real metal. The company even asked for one of my pre-sets to use for later shipping because in that one there are so many options its nuts.

Anyway a few good ideas, but for the sound, the engine and what you need to go through to write midi and have it sound as human as the premade patterns I wouldn't put the money out there But since my company pays for my software and I'm always looking for the best of what's out I got a copy. I probably won't ever use it but maybe if I'm doing an industrial track or something it may come in handy where I need a less "real" sounding guitar. Example would be like Linkin Parks "New Divide" lead guitar which you know is a guitar but its so digitally that almost doesn't sound like one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Maybe I will post a sample of the project I'm working on. It'll show the thing isn't half bad at all. Heavy, melodic black metal.

8. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

Honestly, the VSTi turned me off when I was trying it that I didn't even bother looking that the have Mr Rudes on their ad. Lets not forget, sometimes developers (not all of them thankfully many when they release a product, its a full working one) when they are introducing new product, they set it up in their ad that all is wonderful, workflow flawless etc.. but sometimes its just all well managed during the video ad and voila. Seems to be the case here.

Again, as I said, what unfortunate is not the quality of the product but how well finished and stable the product should be at this price range. And I stand to my words, it's a shame and mostly imagine, the Developers haven't yet come up with some fixes updates yet... that says a lot.

Good product, lazy finish = Won't buy or support a developer like this for now period. No time to waste here

9. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

10. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I just went through its Soundcloud and Youtube demos. A very nice GUI there. The quality of the sound, in terms of it readiness (as in mix-ready, plug and play VSTi) somehow, below average compares to what can be achieved with what's available on the market today, imho. Those with creative mind and intuitive musical passions may find this VSTi a heart to compose with. All in all, 3.5 out of 5 stars here.

I second this. If it wasn't rfMusic Chord Player, I may have difficulty programming its midi earlier. Check out this tool too if you like:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Been using it for a bit now. Sounds good if you program it right. Buuuut.....stability issues and that weird load the library for the first time nonsense.... Sometimes it won't mix down in the export! Crap. Move on. I don't do unstable plugins.