Heavier 7 Strings

Discussion in 'Software' started by safran5020, Mar 24, 2018.

1. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

I have tried this VSTi with great expectations after listing to the demo and I must admit that to my non-guitarist ears it sounds very promising.

However in a real world application, it is a whole different story. First, just playing single notes on the keyboard I experience a big delay that sounds like latency issue but it has nothing to do with the sound card settings. I have played with the sample start time but it does no good...

Next, there are no sound presets but you have effects presets, kind of a compromise I guess.

The pattern section has many interesting grooves however they are linked to their own effect presets witch overrides any effect you have previously worked on. On the other side, it is impossible to play manually on the keyboard a specific sound linked to a specific pattern.

Draging a pattern in your DAW and choosing another pattern in the vst makes the dropped pattern lose its original feel so better bounce to wav from within your DAW before you change pattern or you'll lose its original timber. It would be nice to have a feature inside the vst to either drag midi or drag audio.

You cannot play/change chords/keys as you play a pattern which makes it almost unusable. Or you have to transpose in your DAW.

In conclusion, it is to static and lacks a lot of features for now, but I am sure this young developer will come up with a more complete product some day as for now I find it pretty unusable as it is.

Just a side note, I find the GUI colors awful. Red on black is not ideal for the eyes and wish there where some settings or skins alternative.

Please give your impression on this new comer, I am curious to ear your experience with it.

Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

One word that will says it all: Un-finished VSTi in every angle period. So I say don't buy this product not until the Dev really get back to their labs and make it a fully working VSTi. Man for almost 300$ its a shame

This library should be prohibited for sale. Unfinished products like this is like laughing at the users.

4. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

I also tried it and delete fast. In my opinion it´s 9 gigs of rubbish.

5. oversoulSky

oversoulSky Member

Buy a guitar, that's fun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. safran5020

I would love to play guitar man.
    I have tried on many occasions but I don't have that talent.
    I got others and I rather concentrate on those.

I used to have a great guitarist. Very talented, funny and.... always drunk.
    Well, that's not the problem, he was lazy...
    And sometimes he forgot to show up for the show.....:unsure:
    :rofl:
    Another era

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

honestly, use shreddage or v-metal and use kontakt to de-tune by 4 [max without any problems] With v-metal which is based in drop C, yo ucan go to A WITH beautiful sounding chords With shreddage [shreddage 2+] It will let you go down to A from the get go F WITH CHORDS without too much issue.

I have 2 8 strings a custom Mayonaise and a 30inch Agile Interceptor Pro but when I write its all digital first so I can write EVERY instrument at once I dont have time to record a riff 1000 times everytime I change something.

Point is this was a test to see if I could go full 8 string using a drewsif stalin cover of a katy perry song just to see if it would work. This is plain old Shreddage 2 with kontakt detuned by 4. Tell me how you think it sounds and then you'll see why there are FAR better options that have been out for years.

8. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

9. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

If you need any answers help or anything with this type of digital writing just ask me. If you can tell by my reverbnation I can probably answer any question with this stuff ya need.

10. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Better example of 7/8 string low chord stability with an unfinished song I did a few years ago. You can tell how well the chords sound even that low

11. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Nevermind this board is still way too toxic for me to want to be part of. But take my advice use a kontakt library like v-metal or shreddage and use the kontakt detune UP to 4. You'll get everything you want.

12. safran5020

Thanks for your enthusiasm it is much appreciated.
    Have you tried the titled VSTi.
    That is what I am curious about.

13. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

It isn't as bad as some have said. Not perfect. I've only programmed it from scratch, so no patterns etc. But it sounds well enough. There may be others, but I think it could be programmed to sound decent enough.

14. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Honestly I haven't I saw it. Did some research into it because I've used A LOT since they didn't exist. Going from midi to sf2 Electr6ty etc. Currently I use Ample Eclipse ALOT but like said it only goes to C. But I've done so much digital 7 string work and gone through so many I know what winners are out there.

But ill check it out

15. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Sorry reserving till i try

16. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

as for the dropped original feel issue, its because your taking something that isn't midi based and having it strip everything that isn't pure midi when you move it to your piano roll. It's just like Amples use of opening the guitar pro files, because even if you export a midi from guitar pro you're losing alot of the information because its not standard midi

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

show your beat ill make you some guitar for it homey
    sure others will too.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  18. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

As a guitarist, i think ppl loose time learning how to use guitar sample banks.
    Use guitar loops OR learn guitar instead ;)

I bought my Jackson JS32Q-7 for less than 300 bucks, brand new. You can find a 7 string for around 150 bucks second hand :
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Guitare-ele...738465?hash=item4415378de1:g:63sAAOSwZfNaYJRj

YES i know, you are not a guitarist ... but you can become one :D
    To me, it is loosing time using guitar banks, finding settings, tricks, clickings all around... like learning Guitar Hero instead of real instrument.

But it is only my vision ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

The attack delay does suck but I managed to fix it by activating ‘delay compensation when monitoring’ in Ableton 10. I think the library is good and it sits very well in the mix.

20. safran5020

This is a very inspiring quote my friend.
    I take it as a personal challenge.
    Thanks for the kick in the ass I needed ! :wink::mates:

Unfortunately, it will have to wait till I retire cause we all know learning a new instrument takes time and patience and mostly "practice" and for the time being, time is the issue here !

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  21. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Indeed but how do you think they are paying Jordan Ruddess for their ad?

Oh and by the way, right now I'm using Strums which offers much more possibilities but weight less than 200 MB (against 9 GB for this lib)... thanks to physical modelling.