HeadlessBuddha Samples releases: Coffee Cups

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jul 14, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced the release of Coffee Cups Synth, a sample library for
    Native Instruments Kontakt.

Coffee Cups Synth is a totally new machine. It’s an experiment with Kontakt’s sound design
    capabilities and samples of myself hitting some coffee cups with a little spoon. GREATEST
    COMBINATION EVER, I KNOW!

A few weeks ago I was going through my sampled instruments, trying to decide what should we
    finally release, and I was like:

Organ? – nah, there are a lot out there.
    Electric Piano? – Same.
    Drum Machine? – Maybe latter.
    Synths? – Do they really need another synth right now?

Yeah, ~~Coffee Cups Synth~~ IS a synth, but you won’t find anything like this anywhere.
    Some patches will remind you of some real instruments(just remind you, they don’t sound real
    at all, that’s not our intention with this instrument), and some are just mind-melting
    freshness. Should I mention the influence of recording through tape on this project?

[​IMG]

It’s musical – there are some cool basses, pads, etc. that you can fine tune to fit your
    new tracks. It’s textural – You can also create several sound effects, ambiance, or noises,
    and give your sound design arsenal a new breath.

Coffee Cups Synth features:

- 11 Kontakt instruments
    - Advanced scripting
    - Lots of effects and controls
    - A set of 18 custom impulse responses
    - Very low on CPU and RAM, just 27 MB

http://soundcloud.com/headlessbuddhasamples/coffee-cups-synth-patches-demo-1?in=headlessbuddhasamples/sets/coffee-cups-synth

Am I forgetting something?
    This project marks a new stage here at HeadlessBuddha Samples, a house for mad musical scientists. We want to know what YOU’d like to see on Coffee Cups Synth. On 09/13/15 we’ll release an updated version(free for the owners of this version) adding as much as we can of your wishlist.
    What do you miss on it? Presets? More controls? What controls? Effects? We want you to be part of our development.

Take this lonely kid home today.

The library is available for purchase for $5 USD

More INFO: HeadlessBuddha Samples | Coffee Cups

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

something for sunny to buy :rofl:
    he could make $10 or more with it.

demo sounds really good, but i could record me some alone. :dancing:

4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

a buddha head in frothed cappuccino milk , intriguing

I don't see the headless buddha, and the fact they are charging $5 bux for for this ummmm lonely kid...
    just makes me think it would have been better off for FREE from the get go..

ok I'll have a listen... :snuffy:

obtuse stuff