Having trouble installing libraries with Kontakt

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by vvsm, Dec 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. vvsm

vvsm Newbie

I've just downloaded the last release of kontakt from the sister site, and I believe the plugins and standalones of both 6.21 and 5 (for adding libraries right?) are working as intended. However when i downloaded and installed a library (Spitfire Hans Zimmer Strings) whenever i try adding the library to kontakt 5 the .nicnt file and all the other files in the folder are greyed out. I'm new to kontakt and so i don't exactly know how to trouble shoot this, and the installation for the library didn't exactly list any specific instructions to follow so i'm coming here to see if anyone has had this problem before.

thanks guys

(also, please excuse me if i have posted in the wrong forum! if so ill take it down and post in kontakt one i just thought it would be good to get advice from the whole group and seeing as i haven't seen anyone on win have this problem)

3. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

try right clicking on Kontakt app and open as administrator. Did you try to click ok and add the lib anyway even though it shows grayed out file?

4. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I have never used this method of using Kontakt 5 to load libs into 6 thing. I've used the Kontakt Portable in my DAWs since version 5 and I currently have the 6.2 in use. Try that way, and save yourself a load of hassle.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Use Quickload. Add the Instruments and the Multi to their respective tabs with Kontakt's File Browser.