having trouble installing aU protools hd 12.5 on windows 10 v1909

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by bldngblck, Dec 7, 2019.

1. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

i'm new to windows. i found a copy of windows 10 v1909 and installed it via bootcamp on my imac. i have fl studio running, ableton live running, and others. however, i installed audioutopia's 12.5 pro tools and it won't run. it will flash the start up scene briefly, then disappear and nothing. maybe it's my settings? am i missing something? i'm not sure what to fiddle with to try and make it work; like i mentioned, i'm new to windows, and the windows 10 1909 version i have has all the extra stuff turned off, and i don't want to accidently turn something on that i don't want. i did follow some steps i found to optimize my mac for audio production. could that be the culprit? any help would be greatly, and i mean greatly, appreciated.

3. boomoperator

boomoperator Producer

I guess you need to change the Pro tools' Playback Engine. To do so, start PT while holding down the N-key (all the way).
    Afterwards a screen will open where you can change interface settings from internal Windows to a proper interface.
    In the same screen, leave the video engine disabled, unless you want to work on audio for picture.

4. MaXe1

MaXe1 Ultrasonic

Notice that Pro Tools 12.5 is slow compared to version 10.