have no Kontakt 5 Factory Content tab, how to add it and where does Macosx store it?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by mcmaklin, Sep 1, 2013.

1. mcmaklin

mcmaklin Newbie

I have Kontakt 5, have no Kontakt 5 Factory Content tab, how to add it and where does Macosx store it?

thank you

3. mcmaklin

mcmaklin Newbie

I found a folder full of KSD files in HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Shared Content/ Sounds?Libraries
    How to install it or import manually to appear on the left tab in Kontakt 5?

4. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Not being a jerk but you are a total noob. That info on getting factory content should be in the NI owner's manual. Read something for once in your life.

If you have warez version of Kontakt. Browse the audioz website and find what you need. Libraries are collections of samples. Download your sample library you want. It should already be organized with the proper folders. You put it anywhere on you hd, then click add library button on Kontakt and browse to the sample library and it will add it.

Libraries for Kontakt have a specific folder structure, so if you can't add it from the add library button, it is not a valid library, it is just a collection of wave files or samples.

Lastly, when you add a library. You are basically adding a .nicnt file or and .info.nkc file. If you don't have either of those types of files in the folder you download, it is not a library. So when you add the library, you have to browse to where these files are to add it. Kontakt libraries have a structure, they must have 2 folders then a .nicnt or .nkc file. So whichever content you download, it should have 2 folders in the same directory named Instruments and Samples. Then in that same directory have a .nicnt or .nkc file. It may have other files too, but it needs at least those to make a library. That is the folder you will add to your library no matter where it is on your hdd.

Good luck and try reading the owner's manual or googling something before you just expect someone to teach you how to do the most basic things without even trying first yourself.

Kontakt factory content is about 50gb btw.

Good luck and click the thank you button on the bottom right of someone's reply if you want to thank them.-------------------------------------->

5. mcmaklin

mcmaklin Newbie

OK thanks, but this doesn't answer my question. I was trying my best for many hours. I had warez version but I wanted to install the legit one (although warez opens more libraries). I uninstalled Kontakt manually regarding to instructions in Ni webpage.
    I run the installer but the thing is that on the left there is NO TAB with Kontakt 5 default libraries and there is no way to add this. Computer has installed MANY ksd files (I guess it has a new format now) in HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Shared Content/ Sounds Libraries folder, even when I am trying to add it to the library it does not seem to add.

"You put it anywhere on you hd, then click add library button on Kontakt and browse to the sample library and it will add it."
    It is not so easy, when I point to those .ksd samples it doesn't seem to add.

KONTAKT 5 library DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE .nicnt NOR .nkc files but only .ksd files.
    So I would like to ask my question again.

Thank you

6. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

K i did answer your question, kontakt library is 50gb, that doens't fit on one disc or cd image. You don't even have the library.

2. I already said this, if it doesn't have a .nicnt file it is not a library. KSD is the old format of presets that Massive used to use. You do not have the library downloaded.

How many gb's is your folder of .ksd files?
    Is it a few mb's?
    Then that is not even close to the 50gb needed for Kontakt Library!!

You need to download a library first. Just like I said, browse the audioz website and find an actual library. Just installing the Kontakt program does not give you the library. Only the app itself.

See you're a bad listener, I said nothing about KSD files. I said stuff about .nicnt files. So why would trying to add those ksd presets have anything to do with what I said?

And again I already told you. If it doesn't have 2 folders named: Instruments and Samples. And then at least one more file: a .nicnt or .nkc. If it doesn't have those, you do not have a library!!!!!!
    KSD files had nothing to do with that statement either!!!!

Just want to make this totally clear!

KSD FILES ARE NOT A KONTAKT LIBRARY. KSD FILES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A KONTAKT LIBRARY. TRYING TO IMPORT KSD FILES AS A LIBRARY WON'T WORK BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A KONTAKT LIBRARY.

If you can't read and understand that I don't know what to tell you. KSD has shit to do with a Kontakt library. Kontakt libraries consist of instruments. Which are .nki format and they are grouped into a folder called the Instruments. Samples. Samples are generally .wav files or .aiff and are grouped together in the Samples folder. Then lastly a Kontakt library has to have either a .nicnt or a .nkc to make Kontakt import the library. So for the last time, KSD files do not have anything to do with a library, you don't even have a library to add, you need to get one first.

7. fraggle83

fraggle83 Member

I would not waste the time with him, tater, i think he's the same person who just 6 hours ago posted the same question in AN under the name "qomposeit" and to whom i answered the same as you without any response on his side.

qomposeit on AN: I have older Kontakt 5, have no Kontakt 5 Factory Content tab, how to add it and where does Macosx store it? How to make it active, how to point them?
    mcmaklin on AS (who BTW joined just yesterday): I have Kontakt 5, have no Kontakt 5 Factory Content tab, how to add it and where does Macosx store it?

8. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Ya I read loud and clear fraggle.

I wasn't going to tell him anymore. If he couldn't figure it out from my pages of explanation then he is a fucktard.

Thanks for looking out, but that is all he is getting from me, which was more than enough. He did respond once, but with a fucktard answer.