Have any of you tried Wave Alchemy Drum Tools, if so how'd you like it?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Matthew Park, May 10, 2024.

1. Matthew Park

Matthew Park Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been producing hip hop for the past 8 years or so, but am looking to trying out Deep House and get some of my old passion back I feel I've been lacking lately. I've been asking around and heard Wave Alchemy Drum Tools 1 is good, and wanted to see if anyone here has good thigs to say about this kit?

Also, I'd love to hear any other recommendations you guys have for good deep house drum kits, vsts, tips for a newcomer, anything o the like!

Thanks for reading :cheers:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

you know what it's like with samples. every product has all it's own little cult following, but for no real reason?
    There is no silver bullet. Get your Roland Cloud 808, 909, and d16 Nepheton 2, Drumazon 2 plugins. Or other drum machine plugins.
    Vengeance Essential Clubsounds. Housewerk and Houseworx - different releases. Mousse T, maybe some Gene Farris, whatever. Packs from IQ, Toolroom, Delectable, Sample Magic, CR2, Soul Rush, Vandalism, Dropgun, etc. There are so many and there are no real magic secret ones. You have to dig.

The Wave Alchemy stuff is just like other good quality samples. They include multiple sample formats which greatly increase the size of the packs. Pretty much all Wave Alchemy releases are useful, but they are not going to make or a break a track.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
  4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Yes, it's a good one. Have you checked Production Music Live ? Their sample packs are pretty good.

5. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

It's good, but it's A LOT of samples at the same time. I bought it a few years back when it was on sale for like $10 or something stupidly cheap. It's something like 4400 samples to sift through and a lot of it is duplicated somewhat. You get a pack of 'dry' samples, then most of the same pack recorded from tape, then you get a pack thats full on effected. It's great if you're starting out and need a good solid drum pack. You could probably do the same with one of Goldbaby's Urban Cookbooks or SP1200/MPC Collection, or one of the many other 'complete' packs. Same shit, just a different flavor.

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Wave Alchemy stuff is very good. I even sometimes reach back for their Kontakt synths, like their Pro-II (despite having u-He RePro and a hardware Behringer Pro-1). If you use Kontakt, their Revolution instrument gives you more variety, and probably use the same/similar samples within their sample set so will get you further. I think it they also do an Ableton pack version of Revolution for about half the price of the Kontakt library version, and probably around the same price as the Drum Tools sample packs. Just another option to consider, but you can definitely trust Wave Alchemy is my short version!

For another vendor, the older Goldbaby drum packs for the 808 and 909 are outstanding too!