Have any of you guys heard of Sonibles Smart Compressor? What are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Software' started by iseeghosties, Apr 12, 2022.

1. iseeghosties

iseeghosties Kapellmeister

3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Aside from the smart/AI part of the plug-in; it's a great sounding compressor. Comparable to Fabfilfter's Pro C-2. There's ofc no saturation or analog "magic", only clean digital compression with a lot of control over the shape of the envelope and a very competent detection circuit. There is a soft-clipper on the output that you can enable/disable, but it's only there to limit the output, not really for saturation.

It's a very versatile compressor, but maybe not the best for mastering purposes. There is no oversampling so it does have some aliasing, but nothing audible that detracts from the sound. The smart/AI control has no mastering profiles either so I'm pretty sure it's meant more for track and instrument bus duties. It works surprisingly good for this, better than any other AI controlled compressor I've tried.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. iseeghosties

Lol well it would seem that way xD

5. iseeghosties

I thought about FabFilters Pro c-2 as well and thanks for such a detailed response. Its nice to learn stuff you dont know.