Hauptwerk 3.22 in Windows 7 64bits problem

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mr. Mister, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

Hi

i changed mi SO to windows 7 and then i installed Hauptwerk 3.22 so when i open up sonar and start to search plugins the program freezes and i cant do anything, i've tried install it in 32 and 64 bit versions and is the same

someone managed to get hauptwerk working in win 7 64?

3. edweste

edweste Newbie

This same problem was reported from every user on Sonar 64 Bits. I´m using Windows 7 64 bits, Sonar X1 64 Bits, Hauptwerk 32 bits on it.

The 64-bit support has adjustment problems with Sonar 64 bits. Maybe works on the next update, I'm waiting for over one year. These guys from Hauptwerk are very lazy, it took many years to hire a company to make its first VST. Aren't they doing it, so it will take a lot to repair problems and bugs. I don't know if 'MY ORGAN' has a VST right now. Maybe a good idea to search.

I got as follows carrying the VTS 32 Bits on Sonar.
    Go to the folder where you installed the Hauptwerk and take only the 32 bit vst, copy and paste to the same Sonar VST Folder and create a new folder, paste the VST Hauptwerk32 to it.
    C: \ Program Files \ X1 SONAR Producer \ Shared \ Hauptwerk32

Go to 'Manage Layouts' in Sonar and click in OPTIONS under 'VST Configuration', click "add" to search the Hauptwerk32 folder, click 'OK' and scan VST plug-ins again. Hauptwerk will appear in the VST instruments (VSTi).

By the way, the Background paper do not fill the entire page, so you must click on 'ORGAN' up-left in Hauptwerk interface and choose the last description Show another console window (CTRL+X dont' work), will open the full buttons of the organ.

I got reverb on it using CONSOLE 1.6.2, because it's impossible to use these organs without a little reverb plug-in on small rooms. Search/Add "CONSOLE" VST in sonar.
    Open Console VST within Sonar, drop the Hauptwerk inside Console, plus drop any reverb you like and plug the cables from the "Audio outs" to INs of Reverb. Works nice.

But, If you got direct Reverb on it tell me Mr. Mister. Or, do you know some other VST to handle Others VSTs inside Sonar. Just tell me.

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

thanks man, i did what you said but sonar x1 stops responding when he found the hauptwerk.dll 32 bits

and is sonar x1 64 bits so i don't understand what happen here

5. edweste

edweste Newbie

Yes, I have the same Sonar X1, but I use 'Haupt VST 32 bits' alone without the VST 64 bits, it's must be far from the original folder, it works perfect. Or try another place to drop it and simply apply, but do not search for VSTs again. Sometimes I add, but not search after all and Sonar X1 finds the VSTs.

What do you think if I send you my own 32bit VST (32MB) to try?

6. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

tried the 32 bits dll in other place but not works, doesnt appear :( :( :( :(

7. edweste

edweste Newbie

When something goes wrong in Sonar, the last thing to do is uninstall and reinstall again, cause in the little toy Sonar everything goes wrong every month.

But I tried jBridge to see if it could transport the 64 bits to 32 bits. Bad idea. I did'nt tested yet another VST adapter, I used a long time ago, and Sonar catches all them.

I sent a message to Hauptwerk and they answered: "Das VST 64 ist überhaupt updated und werk gut". "The VST 64 is absolutely updated and works good."

Now I had another idea, if it still freezes, I tried the Sonar Update from X1a to X1b, cause many people claimed some freezes when connecting 64 bits VSTs. But the same freeze continue. On Sonar page you'll read: Fixed an issue that could cause x64 installations to freeze

jBridge asks pumps up every VST scan to runs as administrator, we do all right but nothing works. There is a tool in VST properties in Sonar to run any VST using "jBridge", but will not work for Hauptwerk 64 bits.

Did the update till X1c fro nothing, deleted the Hauptwerk VST 32 bits to have in the folder exclusively the 64 bits, but didn't work. Lost of time. All the time you try to load it will freeze the "Hauptwerk 64 bits".

Next I'll try some other VST adpater. If someone have used someother VST adapter let us know.