Has anyone seen any updates about the Behringer DAW?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by rage, Oct 2, 2022.

1. rage

rage Kapellmeister

Wondering if anyone has stumbled over any updates about the DAW that seems like it should have been done by now. Last I saw was back in March when there was word that it was going to ship with free VST Plugins. Haven't heard anything since. My curiosity has been forcing me to hope it all materializes at some point.

3. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Behringer updates are few and far between these days.
    Last I saw was a couple of days ago.
    Their Prophet VS mini clone jammed into eurorack format.
    No info on anything else AFAIK.

4. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

i don't know, but i would be happy if they manage to not make it based on ardour ahahahahhaha

edit: i just read an article, dated on march 2020, which pointed the daw was gonna take 18 months to be ready

5. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

It's a shortage of chips:rofl:

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

They are working on MK4.

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

if they make a daw its going to really f¤%k up the cozy deal of steinberg, presonus and protools mainly.

Dont make it experimental, do a follow up of cubase just like studio one once did but make a modern take on studio one this time. take the good and trash that piece of shit sphere subscription crap and addons simply put all your efforts on making the best.

8. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Lel hope dies last

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

hehe, thats right :)

Behringer has a real chance here. They have already shown they have the guts to stand the pressure from the cartel of leeches and knee-dog "journalists" around the music-gear industry.

Behringer can make it if they offer just like they have said, a free DAW and make it work fabulously with their future hardware products, then just like Apples Logic people will buy their hardware and finance the DAW development! thats the way to do it.Now, Logic is nice but it is not perfect so there no reason why Behringer could not follow a similar path. And they can start fresh like Presonus once did, and is no more.

Stupid Presonus should have done this move but they went the greedy shortsighted way chasing their own tail scuttering their resources trying to suck out a last dollar

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  10. rage

rage Kapellmeister

Just stumbled over this bit of news from November. Seems the DAW is still a long way away from being ready. It seems ironic that they say they want to make sure that the DAW isn't recreating anything that already exists, given their general business model.

11. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

In a recent livestream, the brand told fans to not hold their breath about the DAW it announced in 2020 dropping anytime soon. :no:

12. emax2

emax2 Ultrasonic

Behringer is still working on the DAW. Behringer is waiting for more of their clones to be released and then converted to VSTIs. Behringer wants to make sure the VSTis are as accurate as possible. That will take time as Behringer makes and releases more clones

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Geez, i it's only chips they need I have a few extra bags, all they need do is ask.

[​IMG]

14. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Nah it's the Ruffle chips that they're after.. lol

It's probably gonna be a ReapBaseGicToolsTon imitation,
    but knowing Behringer they probably gonna make it with thin chinese imitation PHP code so it's gonna be slow AF :winker:

(btw I tried to generate Ruffled microchips with stable diffusion and it fails.. :dunno:)