(harrisonconsoles.com) Mixbus32C

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Apr 30, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Mixbus32C

[​IMG]

Harrison Mixbus32C is as relevant today as the first Harrison 32 series consoles were 40 years ago. Harrison consoles are dynamically mature products – products that retain the benefits of long, successful experience while incorporating the best of all the new technology. Mixbus32C is designed in the most operationally ergonomic manner possible. Mixbus was hailed by the industry as a breakthrough for “in the box” mixing by incorporating decades of console building experience into a cost effective mixing platform for today. Mixbus32C takes that concept to the natural next step by using the full resources of today’s technological advancements to precisely emulate not only the operational advantages, but to faithfully emulate the analog performance of the traditional analog console.

Mixbus32C also provides 12 stereo mix buses, each with individual level control, latency compensation, and associated master channel incorporating the highly successful Harrison tape saturation, bus compression, and tone control functionality.

Some Mixbus32C Features

• Straightforward “knob per function” mixer layout based on Harrison's renowned 32-series music consoles
    • Precise emulation based on Harrison's famous 32 series analog console circuit designs
    • Precision algorithms for EQ, Filter, Compression, Analog Tape Saturation, and Summing
    • Fourth-generation Harrison "True Analog Mixing™" processing engine with enhanced compressor/limiter algorithms; built-in sidechain busing, and increased plugin flexibility
    • The Mixbus32C engine is internally dithered, ramped, and gain staged so that sound quality is preserved as close to analog as possible
    • Unlimited stereo or mono input channels, each with unlimited plugins, sends, and hardware inserts. (limited only by CPU and disc speed)
    • Unlimited MIDI tracks, each with virtual instrument support, unlimited plugins, sends and inserts
    • Phase, Input trim, Sweepable 4-band EQ with second order HP and LP filters, Compression, and 12 mix bus sends on every track
    • Mixbus32C has an optimized signal flow with 12 stereo mix buses and a master bus, all featuring Tone controls, Compression, Sidechaining, and Analog Tape Saturation simulation
    • Stereo Master bus that features Tone controls, Analog Tape Saturation, K-meter, Stereo Correlation Meter, and Limiter
    • Automatic plugin delay compensation to support effects such as parallel compression without time misalignment
    • Comprehensive "at-a-glance" metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus
    • Extensive DAW editing features including “Smart Tool”, Ripple Edit, and configurable keybindings for nearly every operation
    • Industry standard plug-in support: Mixbus32C loads VST plugins on Windows, AudioUnit (AU) plugins on OSX, and LV2 plugins on all platforms
    • Industry standard audio I/O support: Mixbus32C uses ASIO/Directsound on Windows, CoreAudio on OSX, and ALSA/JACK on Linux
    • Mixbus32C provides professional features such as Loudness Analysis (dBTP+LUFS+LU Range), LTC (SMPTE) generation and sync; video pullup/pulldown
    • Persistent undo (undo remains possible after closing and reopening a session)
    • Multi-core and 64-bit optimizations provide increased track counts across all OS platforms
    • Over 50 ‘MIDI filter’ plug-ins including functions such as transposing, velocity scaling, etc
    • Support for video timeline, video window, and audio+video exports
    • Includes a brand-new virtual instrument: “SetBfree”, a lovingly modeled Tonewheel Organ by Robin Gareus plus Harrison's Dyno-Mite envelope-designer plug-in for drums
    • Recording operates like a tape machine: punch-in on the fly, and use per-track input monitoring just like a multitrack tape machine
    • Extensive export features including multitrack stem export, simultaneous multi-format exports, multiple export ranges, CD track markers, silence trimming, normalization, and command-line arguments to trigger third-party encoders or file-management scripts
    • Audio regions are stacked in “layers”, and every region fadein/out is a crossfade to the region(s) beneath it
    • Plugin “pin connection management” provides rich editing of signal-flow through each channel's path, including full support for dual mono, mono-to-stereo, sidechaining, and other advanced flows
    • The user interface scales to fit your monitor; larger monitors will get bigger knobs and sharper text
    • Refined workflow and graphics, including scaling and support for HiDPI (Retina) displays
    • Incredibly cost effective because of our world-wide open source collaborators
    • Generic MIDI devices can use “MIDI Learn” to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu
    • Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 12 mix bus sends. Dedicated support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers
    • OSC (Open Source Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus32C
    • Mixbus32C will open Mixbus sessions. However, the EQ will not covert since they are completely different.
    Already using another DAW?

No problem. It’s a simple and quick process to export your audio files from your current DAW to Mixbus32C and use the exceptional Mixbus32C “True Analog Style™ Mixing” engine for your final mix. No need to change your current workflow, just add convenience, ease, and sound quality by doing all your final mixing in Mixbus32C.

Mixbus32C is available for purchase for $299 USD (includes free Mixbus32C ver 3.X updates). Various bundle options are also available.

More info here

Source
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

They don't have a demo version for people to try their software. They won't get my money until they come out with a demo version.

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

looking good. how can i try it - no demo?? wtf. assholez

5. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

I would love to give it a shot if Mixbus becomes a full daw loading Kontakt and other instruments with multiple outputs. I like it's clean gui and console emulated mixer.

• List
  6. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Wait for R2R...

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

IMO Harrison Mixbus are good people with a little different view on the ITB production,though if they arent using anything similar to the dynamic non linear voltera convulution technology the results will be rather flat.
    As i have discovered in my 48h journey,others can give you a nice result but all are still flat and the DNLVC technology is like the real thing.
    We are talking about the biggest break trough in digital production and algorithms just cant compete with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Lol Von Steyr every where I go on audiosex I seem to come across you praising dynamic thingy technology from acustica.
    I'm going to try it soon- it better not disappoint.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Well,three days ago i was in disbelief when people mentioned nebula and acustica...im not laughing any more.
    The biggest problem sometimes is,we talk too much and dont listen enough.
    Trust me,it is a deal breaker,a game changer.