Harrison Mixbus 32 C

Discussion in 'DAW' started by muaB, Jun 27, 2016.

1. muaB

muaB Producer

I just tried Mixbus 32 C.

doesnt play anything and crashes . wtf? hate this ardour shit, was never my case.

its like you have to configure a session every time you open it and start the audio engine manually?
    like an old diesel??

im used to the ease of ableton live which feels like a toy in comparison. am i getting lazy?

not even the play position moves or the play/record/stop buttons react. no audio output and no meters no metronome fuck

but im curious about the daw- anyone has an idea?

got it from az
    There are no demos on their page so i cant really ask the customer service.. right? ;)

well i have other options muuhahahahahah

*Ensoniq Paris*

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Create a new session. I created a MixBus folder on an external drive 'coz it says it can get large.
    After you configure this you should have the option to load session presets.
    It's good to start fresh though because I don't think any two mixes will be the same unless you're focused on a very specific genre. Even then, though.

Selecting the audio device is necessary.
    Just one more way it emulates hardware.

4. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

I got the same issue too but it was the result of the incompatibly of some plugins I have.

5. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

They know most people wouldn't buy it if they had the chance to demo. That's why they don't offer one. Plain and simple.

Sure, Mixbus sounds nice, but it really doesn't have any "special" quality you couldn't achieve in order DAWs using healthy mixing habits and good plugins.

In my opinion, it's simply not worth the hassle, specially when other DAWs like Studio One will start offering a very similar feature (mix engine level emulation), with the advantage of having great plugin companies (Slate, Softube, Acustica Audio, etc...) programing their own emulations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Same here. Doesn't play. Crashes. Trashed it. End of story.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Tsargoth

Tsargoth Kapellmeister

Works fine for me on both studio PCs; I just don't like it.

8. fredo400

fredo400 Newbie

I use it to mix the stems of my work with reaper, sound better than before, like some kind of summing device, no crashes since the latest version.

9. muaB

muaB Producer

hey guys seems the experiences are kinda mixed...

would love to see them having a great product, since apparently they made kick ass consoles.

i wanted to learn the way a real analog console has to be used and so on i guess i will save up for a real harrison 32 C ;)

i just think the foundation, which is Ardour (open source) is maybe not as compatible... and sucks

most of the times open source cant be as good as commercially developed stuff.

10. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

Reaper is open source too, right?

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Works perfectly for me. Even when using complicated setups rewiring Reason 8 into Ableton and then using Jack2 to route the audio into Mixbus.

Personally though, I think it sound better than other DAWs and, to my ears, if only a placebo, it sound ,ore analogue and warmer. For that reason I do everything in Ableton and bounce out track stems, import as audio track into Mixbus and do my mixing in there.

12. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I resorted to using slate vcc, same idea, only it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. muaB

muaB Producer

yeah whatever i dont really need a new plattform aka DAW, but i was kinda fascinated about the Harrison 32 C EQ sound and that analog console workflow.
    well its just marketing. just a DAW.

I want to apply for a job/traineeship at a relatively big studio and they have a Harrison there, so i wanted to prepare. sharpen the knifes ya know ;)

and as i said, i already have the best sounding daw -Ensoniq Paris- already ;)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Best Answer
    In that case get a small behringer mixer,its more realistic,lots of warmth in that sucker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. muaB

muaB Producer

never never never

i considered buying a cheap old thing of ebay, but i asked a pro about it and told me to stay the heck away from it.

just because analog, is not a good argument to buy something.

has to be very good, too.

16. muse2love

muse2love Producer

just learn how to fire the WPAPI driver avoid ASIO when using Mixbuss

Then you'll hear the difference and also...learn what is audio path signal

Then be happy make music for real " )

17. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

It's wasapi driver.

and btw.: care to explain on what you disagree when I'm stating what I do? You know better and I don't do it?

18. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

It works for me on win7 64bit i5 Presonus Audiobox interface ASIO.

I love it!! Coming from the analogue world, This is almost like the hardware I was used to recording with.

I use Reaper as an editor and premix (to use 32 bit plugs if needed), then I use Rearoute to link up to the Harrison 32C. No Stems to bounce and all vsti remain active and editable. If anyone wants more info on how to set up this combo just let me know.
    The audio config is no big deal just set it up 1 time then it will open with the same settings next time.

An old experienced engineers opinion: The sound is that of real console hardware, It has a kind of forgiving mojo that is hard to put your finger on. By that I mean that mixing in the box with various DAWs I had to test on different systems then go back and correct things, sometimes several times. My first mix using Harrison 32c and every mix since just sounds great everywhere. I was truly amazed.

The work flow is so streamlined by every channel having EQ, routing and dynamics on every input without using plugins. This saves tons of time.The way these features work was gained from decades of analyzing how music was produced and engineered. For example the EQs look so basic but after using them you realize that they are extremely musical and that the Input EQ works perfect for that, while the bus EQ is customized for that job, and the master EQ sounds great on the 2mix. They complement each other perfectly.

Gotta love 12 Buses hardwired internally. Need another group, or reverb send, or parallel drum comp? It is already waiting just turn it on.

IMHO: This software is a game changer. If you don't check this out you are missing out on something truly incredible. It makes mixing easy and enjoyable while yielding the best results I've had while mixing in the box.

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Cubase has had this workflow options for a while as well,even before Harrison Mixbus,hence it really is a time saver.
    Im glad it works well for you.

20. Fer Zeleid

Fer Zeleid Member

[/QUOTE]

I use Reaper as an editor and premix (to use 32 bit plugs if needed), then I use Rearoute to link up to the Harrison 32C. No Stems to bounce and all vsti remain active and editable. If anyone wants more info on how to set up this combo just let me know.
    The audio config is no big deal just set it up 1 time then it will open with the same settings next time.

[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in info to set Reaper and Mixbus, thank you.

21. Ankit

Ankit Guest

You dont know what you're saying:hahaha: